I Need An Official MP Definition Ruling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
For calendar purposes when does flowering begin? Does it start when you flip to 12/12 or does it start when the first flower pokes out her pretty little face? I am learning that trying to turn trichomes amber through a microscope is much like trying to get a doe to grow antlers through a scope. Thanks

I count from the actual flip but I also make a notation on my calendar when they first start budding up. In the end the trichomes will tell you when they are done. Jmo

:yeahthat: this ain't official cause i am not an official but---i mark 8 weeks on the calender from 1st day of 12/12 cause that's what the approx time is for this particular strain takes to get 90% milky

I loose track everytime any more.:eek:

Growdude said:
I loose track everytime any more.:eek:

I know the feeling oh too well, especially this last indoor season. The last 4 ladies I have in flower now will get the trichomes checked every 3 days or so because I never marked down the flip. :eek:

Me too grow dude .... I have a habit of mixing up clones everytime. :doh:

I go from day of flip. Generally with no hiccups. They will finish the cycle in 63 days. Strain depending.

My general rule of thumb is to mark from the flip and start checking trichs at 8wks, unless I am real familiar with the strain (having grown it several times over back to back). Once you get real familiar with a strain that you like, you will know how long to go with it. :)

I start at the 12/12 flip as well. Often, my plants will pre-flower in veg but without a diminished light cycle non-auto strains normally do not fully flower until the effects of darkness induce internal reactions.

I go from the flip, unless they are not sexually mature when I flip. In that case, I go from the first sign of sex or maturity.

I absolutely have to keep track of when every plant goes into flowering. It seems like I can't trust much to memory anymore.

Sorry pilgrem to be takin so long to be answerin yur questions but since I be readin yur title been runnin round tryin figure out who all be werein the "official MP" badge and couldnt find shierif nether so I reckon I be runnin back to tells ya and findin all these othter folks be actin to the badge must be undercover pilgrems reckon ;) But they be all right tellin ya to yur trails direction. I would take to what they say. Sorry was just tryin to findem fur ya ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back