I need help identifying the problem here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
I've asked around and looked at the chart and I got some ideas but I am not confident enough to actually treat my plants until I really know the problem. It's only on one of my plants. It is rusted color brownish blotching on the leaves. I have been feeding them with Big Bloom and Grow Big so I am surprised I have a deficiency. Its makes me think there might be a different problem causing a deficiency. I checked the PH of my nuted and its ok. But IDK anyone got any input?

If you look at my grow journal it is the first pic of the latest post of pics.

You state in your GJ your just now adjusting your PH I would say there your problem. The PH is the most important thing in growing unless your 100% organic

The rest of the plant looks fine, that small spot could be where some nutes got spilled or even water and burned a little by the light.They do need to be transplanted soon. Greenest of mojo.

Rosebud said:
The rest of the plant looks fine, that small spot could be where some nutes got spilled or even water and burned a little by the light.They do need to be transplanted soon. Greenest of mojo.

I never thought of that Rosebud you could be right. The plant looks really healthy other then that so it would make sense to me that its just a contact burn or something.

I actually haven't adjusted anything. I just checked the PH of my nutes and tried with the soil but it didn't work with my test vial. My nutes, which are mixed with tap water, are within spec according to my chart. The bottled water I have been using is good maybe a little high like 7.5. I guess next time I water I'll check the run off since I have no way of checking the soil. I don't like this PH stuff I think in the future Ima follow nouvellchef's recipe.

Thanks again Ozzy and Rosebud you guys have been a lot of help to me!

Ok I figured out how to take close ups with my camera so I'll be posting really good pics of the problem here in about 5 minutes.

Hopefully this will help.

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2842.JPG

IMO transplanting will cure your problem along with getting the ph at the correct level

ozzy and i are in agreement about getting those plants new digs. I know nothing of ph.. Enjoy your grow.

Ok. Im going to transplant them tomorrow and just go from there. I'll try to do my best with my crappy PH test vial. At this point I think I'm better off not touching the PH.
Keep an eye out for my journal! I know I've posted like 50 veg pics lol bear with me.

You might consider doing some organic soil if you don't want to mess with the ph for next time. What are you putting these plants in for soil?

While it may be okay for a spa or pool, the pH test vial method of pH testing is not nearly accurate enough to measure pH for growing. However, since you are having problems, I think it is vital that you do get an accurate method to check the pH and adjust if necessary--I don't think this is something you should put off or ignore.

What did you use for a soil mixture? Did you add any lime?

Whitney Farms Organic Potting Soil mixed with MG perlite (nutrient enriched?). No lime.

Ok, I checked it out and it has, it looks like very little miracle grow fertilizer in there. Usually MG isn't really helpful in growing marijuana. So if i may suggest you stay away from any pre nuted soil and perlite. why they put that in there i will never know.

Yeah when I seen it I was like why, why Miracle Grow? Why do you have to complicate something so simple? Unfortunately it was all they had. It seems as if whatever they enriched it with it was very mild because I haven't really noticed. But, in any case I went ahead and got my plants new homes today. Now I have to figure out how to arrange my lighting because my plants are now almost a foot away from each other. I posted pics if you wanna take a look when you have some free time Rosebud :)

theres your issue 7thG...I used that perlite few years back and had same issues...I was told to soak that crap and strain it befor adding to soil...I would also suggest a PH/PMM metter designed for what we do...Milwaukee makes some cheap ones...I think I paid 22 dollars for my first one..But if ya can afford the more expensive ones like Blue LAb :aok:..Best of luck

:48:

Hmmm I never really considered that my perlite might be to blame. Funny you say that because I was thinking about trying to strain it. Its like 50% perlite 50% like a fine white powder so I could strain it I think. Unfortunately though I just transplanted my plants into bigger pots with a healthy dose of the MG perlite. Im going to just water the crap out of them and fall back on the nutes for a while. Hopefully I can flush most of it out.
Thanks for the help though guys!

Great thread. A light bulb just came on for me. I've always had this same problem and have always used the MG perlite. It's the only perlite I can find.

My current grow is looking great and I wondered what was different. The difference is that I'm using recycled soil and didn't add any new MG perlite!

This is why I lurk this forum so much. You guys are really helpful.

Latest posts

Back