I Realized they are Hermies.. What a bad day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hermie 1.JPG

hermie2.JPG

Hermie3.JPGHi! I'm two weeks into flowering and 2 of my three plants have formed nice buds I was so proud of till today it hit me... Those balls aren't supposed to be there!!:hubba:
I don't know what strain they are.. Just seeds of a good smoke I had a while ago... I suspect it's some outdoor sort.. No one here grows indoors...
Anyway, my question do they still get you high?? Should I keep them or start a new crop? The third plant hasn't flowered yet... It is much shorter bushy plant from an unknown strain again, but clearly different from the other two... Why won't it flower?? Is it normal after two weeks on 12/12???
Don't tell me not to interupt the plant's sleep... I have been very carefull not to disturb my ladies... There is absolutely NO LIGHT in the growroom when it's dark...
Here are some pics...
Thanx for your time

Hermies can still be smoked, they wont be any different in quality. They just have seeds, just like a bag which has seeds in it. The only thing is that you should keep them separated from your females, they can pollinate causing more seeds.

If you let them grow (I would at this stage) keep pulling the balls off when you see them, you will get seeded bud because you cant remove every pollen sack, the smoke will get you where you want to be, just dont grow with any of the seeds it produces, they will all turn out hermie too, so bin them, your other plant is simply a different strain and will take longer to show its sex, I strongly suggest you keep the hermie plants and your other plant apart, because if your lone single plant is a fem the hermies will pollinate it and the hermie trait will be passed onto the other plant.

Yeah like they said!
Please do not use the seeds that plant produces, we as growers want to rid of any genetics lacking quality desierable trait's. Keep up the good work, peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

Yes and they will get you high but they put more energy into seed production and less on THC so it's no big deal but that's another reason to kill hermies. Also as you remove the balls wash your hands and change your clothes...pollen can be carried to the good plant in this manner.

If two of your three plants showed sex and they are hermaphrodites, you should keep them but keep them isolated. We do not want to pollinate the only female. Next time you are growing, throw just a few bucks and get quality seeds.

As a side note, do clean your grow room thoroughly with disinfectants after you harvest your plants. We would not want your next batch ruided by polens enduring in some secluded corner of your grow room to pollinate some pretty chicks...

nikimadritista said:
View attachment 63320

View attachment 63321

View attachment 63322Hi! I'm two weeks into flowering and 2 of my three plants have formed nice buds I was so proud of till today it hit me... Those balls aren't supposed to be there!!:hubba:

That's a real bit of bad luck there mate,if they appear to look like full blown hermies,you can by reverse from dutchmaster,
This product kills the male flowers and encourages the female side.this way at
least you don't end up with seeded bud.

There's NO WAY I'd use these seeds again... I'm so disappointed...
I'll soon be starting some proper seeds though :D Life goes on..

This is exactly the reason that I do not use those few seeds you sometimes find in a great smoke (that should be sensimillian)--they can often be hermies. Investing in quality beans is definately worth it. Good quality seeds are not that much money...

More Bad News!!! My third plant seems to be male... unless it's a hermie too LOL... Good first grow :D
I'll try and harvest those half-girls anyway...Bastard Police made it real difficult to find smoke on my island, It's definitely worth waiting a few more weeks.. Even if they won't be that good quality. Having smoked two joints the past three months I think even that male plant can get me high lol... I might as well just smoke it anyway :D
Planing to get some lowrider seeds Elefantos promise they are 100% hermaphrodite FREE - and they grow from seed to bud in 8 weeks :D
Is that true really? Has any of you old time growers grown lowrider seeds?
I'll post some more pics once i harvest those hermies...
Thanx U all for writing!
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back