I split a main stalk.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Pritchard

Reaction score
I split the main stalk while adjusting my tops under some netting today and am wondering how bad this is for the plant. What can I do to minimized negative effects? Will it survive or should I free the space up for healthier plants?

Attachments

• 20231106_123309.jpg
    20231106_123309.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I split the main stalk while adjusting my tops under some netting today and am wondering how bad this is for the plant. What can I do to minimized negative effects? Will it survive or should I free the space up for healthier plants?
Yes, like roster said. put a bandaid on it.
you got a good brace around it now. Even leaving it as is, it will do ok imo. Just keep the tension off that area while it heals.

Exactly, electric tape has stretch and will draw both stalks together…the break will be stronger after it heals than before the damage was done… i’ve got a pair of side cutters I keep near my plants and I put tape around the jaws so I can crush the stocks and increase the amount of nutrients that pass through them.

It stressed your plant for sure but a split in that spot is easy to heal . Even if you don't put them together again they will just go through this like 2 separate stalks. Ofc put them back together like they told ya above, it's better option 😅

Black gorilla tape and we usually swab on some cloning gel or powder before putting on the tape

sorta like the Ritz

It stressed your plant for sure but a split in that spot is easy to heal . Even if you don't put them together again they will just go through this like 2 separate stalks. Ofc put them back together like they told ya above, it's better option 😅
I pressed them back together and wrapped with stretchy silicone tape.

Attachments

• 16993040706603155442634036029849.jpg
    16993040706603155442634036029849.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Some plants like it rough if it didn’t break all the way it’s just going to heal and a knot will Form where it broke it’s going to be ok don’t ditch old gal

Latest posts

Back