i think im burning my leaves.please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
ok growing master og kush in foxfarm soil.using botanacare grow plus ,and cal mag plus for nutrients.now theres a series of events.this is my first grow ever that made it past the stage of someone knocking over the pots and killing my seedlings.
for the first 5 months i was growing my plants using a mix of 48" floresents from home depot and petco and petsmart.for the first 3 months i was using fox farm grow big and was told the botanacare was easier to use as a first timer.i was having a problew with the leaves canoeing which i belive was from salt build up and nutrient lock out,since i never flused my plants.last week i finally flushed my plant with 5 gallons of water ph adjust to 6.5..and no nutrients.i noticed that the leaves came uncurled and started to look normal.now to throw the last puzzle peice in.4 days ago i got a new lighting system and am using a 400 watt mH.i have the light about9 inches above the plant canopy.but the temp at that level stays about 74 degrees with a fan.humidity is about 45-50.with all that said i am having a problem with some of the top leaves looking burnt.not sure what it could be.please help.

working on pictures right now,ill have them up in about 30-45 minutes.

heres the pictures

photo.jpg

photo(2).jpg

photo(5).jpg

photo(7).jpg

photo(10).jpg

I don't know for sure, but what I do know is the simple process of elimination we all use: what changed?

if everything was going well for you and then you changed something only to have things go better or worse, what did you change and how?

is the light the only thing you changed since they responded well to the flushing? Did you change anyhting about the way you feed/water them as well...think, think...:)

havent watered them since the flush,still waiting for them to dry out.other than that i changed the lighting.but with the temps being at 74 degrees ,they shouldnt burn right?or wrong?

9 in is a lttle close for a light that is not aircooled IMO ? If you put your hand under the light, can you keep it there for a while w/o geting hot ?

hello my friend...I think i see a Hallogen light with the other...hallogens dont give the correct spectrum and puts out tremendus heat..just my thaughts..take care and be safe

i can keep my hand there all day without out it getting warm.like i said the canopy of the plants stays at around 74 degrees..as for the shop light i used it only to take pictures.i only use the florecent hood and the mH/hps hood to light my plants.

Howdy mr.d! It sounds like your plants weren't ready for the big increase in lighting. It's like starting anything under flos inside and then putting them straight outside under the sun. They will burn every time unless you harden them off. All that means is to introduce them to the new amount of light gradually. Indoors this means keeping the light away for the first few days and slowly getting it closer. They are probably fine.

Latest posts

Back