im starting to try growing, plants already dont look right at a couple days sold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
ok guys. im starting to try growing, i thought id give it a shot for the hell of it and as a little hobby. i started germinating my seeds( i am just starting with schwag seeds, but if succesful sprouting will start a better strain) 3 days back. they sprouted the white root, and i placed them under some soil and put them in my soon to be growbox(just have a 25 watt fluoro in their, and some foil sides. anyways, i planted them, i give them the morning sun, and im keeping them under light 24 hours.

first question, is it ok for the plant to have the fluoro light, and then give it real sunlight during the day hours, or is this too stressful for a plant?

they are only 3 days old after being planted, and im still seeing no leaves. they appear like there about to spread there leaves, but are still there.. im guessing there 3/4 of an inch out of the groun, but they are leaning over a little bit, is this ok?

do most plant spread by the 3rd day, or is this normal that they have showed there leaves yet? ill get some pics ion a little bit.

heres some pics of my setup so far, soon to have an exhaust fan and it is now sealed so you cant see any light through the front

also, the pot in their is huge, the thing is 2.5 feet tall to give you an idea.

you might want more flouros in there, but your seedling sounds normal if i undertsand you right, im just starting myself and had the "OMG I CANT SEE ANYTHING" problem too, im 7 days into the grow and more than half arent above the soil yet.

patience, and light. lol

Foil does not have good reflectivity--only about 55%. You would be better to paint the interior flat white, which is 75-85% reflective. I agree that you need more fluoros.

Also, since you are planting bag seed, plant alot. I never germinate and then plant, as I believe that it stresses the seedlings. Go ahead and sow them directly into the soil or consider starting seeds in something like rockwool cubes. Plant way more than you want.

ok, well i was looking at the seeds today and they didnt look to helthy. i think it was because the lack of water, the soil i had wasnt good, it was really shitty. i just transplanted them into the miracle potting grown mix, some of you guys say it good, some say its bad, idk but im gonna take my chances, cuz you never know. anyways, i soaked the soil, planted, and hopefully this helps them out some.thats only temporaily, so im not going to bother painting it. i am about to mount a cool white 15 in there, will that be enough for now?

ok, well even this long after the transplant, the sprouts look twice as good as they did. there much stronger and alive now, uncurled and facing up towards the light, they just needed some light. i think i lost one sprout through this whole ordeal though, just shows wat bad dirt can do.

hey boardercross91 you may want to go & check the site rules on statements/wording like these,{it was really shitty}.Just to offer a lil insight into the atmosphere here.good going on the additional light....they'll love every lumen you can give em.remember 3000 lumens per square foot for veg & 5000 for flower.watch that miracle grow as far as when it comes to nutes...you dont want to be flushing her out.... have fun

sorry about the language, wasnt paying attention. also, plants are 100 times better this morning, straight up and down, leaves spreading out, im guessing they just werent getting enough water to the roots, the dirt i was using before just wasnt breathing and letting water to the roots. and i have saved them all.

3000 lumens per square foot for veg & 5000 for flower
It's better to have 5000 the whole grow. 3000 is the minimum amount you should have.

Ive got a Strawberry Cough female just went into flowering. Im using a 30w 6500k CFL and a 30w 2500k CFL. She looks as healthy as ever and i think in a few weeks or so shell be ready. cant wait :) This is my first time, and im so glad it turned out female, now to reap the reward...

Latest posts

Back