important question need everyones opinion!! help me out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiterussian

Reaction score
Alright heres my problem, i have 8 og kush x bubba kush clones and i got them in rockwool cubes and the day i got them i had no where to put them so i put them small cups with foxfarm soil with a lot of extra perlite. Now what i want to do is transfer the dirt with the plant into hydroton im using 8 pack waterfarm kit and i wanted to do hydroton from the begging but i couldnt wait too long i needed to transfer my clones so thats why i put them in the cups, now i got some advice from my local hydro shop they said it should work fine but the only problem i would have is my buckets getting clogged with soil, so im going to put cheesecloth on the bottom of the 2.5 gallon bucket like i did with my last grow, so what im hoping will happen is the soil will gradually fall in and around the bottom of the grow rocks and the roots will just hold on to the hydroton instead of the soil. SO WHAT DO THINK I SHOULD DO should i go along with transfering into hydroton? or no? because i thought i heard that roots grow differently in soil then they do in hydroton,AND THE CLONES HAVE ONLY BEEN IN THE SOIL CUPS FOR 2 WEEKS or should i just try spraying the soil off the roots? because theres still the rockwool cube inside the soil. sorry for the long question:eek: but i just really need a straight answer because i trust this site over anyone.
Thanks,
WR

I've done this. Now mind you, I run a DWC.
Remove them from the cup and lightly work the dirt off as much as you can and then rinse them to get the remainder.
Takes a bit of time, easy though.
Just take your time and play it cool...

I had the same issue, I had all ten plants in soil as they sprouted and then moved them into an ebb and flow system with hydroton. I just took a bucket of "room temp" water and dunked them in and out until as much of the soil was removed. Be careful and let the water do all the rinsing. I set them in hydroton and after a couple days, they took off. Don't forget to keep your ph at 5.5 to 5.8 good luck!

BuddyLuv said:
You may shock them for a few days, but it will be easier in the end. I would get a bucket, fill it with water and just dunk them in it until all the dirt is gone.
haha yeah thanks man thats exactly what i did except i used my sink sprayer ;)

Latest posts

Back