In case of Power Outtage What To Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
I was just curious, as I thought today... What if the power were to go out during my light cycle? Power usually comes back within an hour or so, but would that hurt the plants? Confuse them? What would you do? And how long would it take to really hurt the plants? What if it was only 5 10 minutes? Pretend we do not have back up generators! (I don't)

Don't panic. That's all. And make sure you have a towel. And if some geezer called Slartibartfast suggests going to the pub, beware.

The plants will think the sun has moved off its axis and begin preparing for aliens by generating a new style of resin, called cannibals resin.

i would put a flash light on em until the power came back on, lol.

nah, i would wait it out, and hope that it didnt cause irreparable damage.

How long without light will damage the plants?

ArtVandolay said:
When my power goes out (which it does quite often during hurricane season), I fire up the generator

Amen to that. I even bought 2 little window shakers during Charlie--It was a dark and stormy night, but look. Over at PencilHead's; they're not even sweating. Plus gas cooking and gas HW--bring it on, Jerome.;)

To un-high-jack your thread--I don't think an hour could be an issue unless it was frequent. JMO.

get :stoned: whilst waiting for them to come back on :p

only joking ,,put them on a window sill :48: and a few minutes here or there should be ok ...but get a small generater as a back up if its a frequent thing ,,:peace:

Griffon said:
How long without light will damage the plants?
depending on the strength, health, and genetic structure of the plant in question, four or five days of total darkness won't kill them. But multiple erratic cycles, "can" cause sex reversal(hermies)..
IMO, interrutions of the lights "on" cycle, is less damaging than interruptions of the dark cycle. AND most significant after flowering has been induced.

:yeahthat: Hicks got you covered...take care..

Latest posts

Back