In flowering with little head room left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
I just put my babies into flowering the other day. Even before I did so, I knew that I got myself in some trouble. I really didnt want to cut my plants as this is my first grow and I am inexperienced. I decided to do the lst method by jogging them. Of course it went well, but I let my plants get too tall. I have less than a foot before the plants will hit the bulb. I had to transplant into larger pots because my plants got too big. Can I put some chicken wire lets say 8 inches above the plants, with intent to have the wire hold down the plants from getting any taller? I will somehow rig a sheet of wire in there horizontally at a fixed position so the plant cannot grow any taller. I am assuming this will cause some sort of problem, but what are my other options?

Hello Griffon :)

The chicken wire is a good idea to stop the plants touching the light, the only other option you have is to bend your plants over.

How tall are your plants at this moment and how long have they been in flower?

:peace:

Griffon said:
I just put my babies into flowering the other day. Even before I did so, I knew that I got myself in some trouble. I really didnt want to cut my plants as this is my first grow and I am inexperienced. I decided to do the lst method by jogging them. Of course it went well, but I let my plants get too tall. I have less than a foot before the plants will hit the bulb. I had to transplant into larger pots because my plants got too big. Can I put some chicken wire lets say 8 inches above the plants, with intent to have the wire hold down the plants from getting any taller? I will somehow rig a sheet of wire in there horizontally at a fixed position so the plant cannot grow any taller. I am assuming this will cause some sort of problem, but what are my other options?

Do a search on "scrog"--that is basically what you are talking about.

my plants are 12 inches tall and there is only 10 inches left of room. It's my 3rd day! :(

you shouldnt have transplanted after flowering
but you already did it so its alright whatever
uhm what light do you have? if its an HID with a single bulb
try this. i might have to try this too on this grow. when they get too tall take the reflector off, and just hang the light so its at the highest point (ceiling)
point straight down. then place your plants around it. if you get what im saying. try and get some pics up buddy good luck
thats just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back