In the absence of THC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSwest

Reaction score
I have recently, reluctently stopped the use of marijuana. I found it to be clouding my mind too much and needed to take a break. It has been about 6 days since my last smoke and I would have to say the lack of THC is catching up with my body. Since, I have noticed my frustration/anger level increase where before with my frequent use I had next to none. I can understand this one, MJ being a downer/relaxent, easy. The problem I have been having the past few nights is in my lower back. I can best explain it as extreme anxiety in my lower back and legs. It gets to the point where I can sit or stand still, pacing from room to room. I wouldn't say it is painful but very very uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I may do to alleviate this inconvience? Thanks, SS.

well I'm pretty sure marijuana isn't physically addicting, and I have never heard of anyone having such problems, try some alieve. I mean yeah it will cloud your brain if your a heavy smoker, but if u smoke once in a while or on weekends you should be fine. Try getting your tolerance down, grow some funky sativa and harvest when its cloudy,that way you only have to take a few hits and it will be a clearer high. If you were stoned all the time its possible that you masked some sort of pain or problem that has gotten worse.... sorry for the babble hope this helps

SSwest said:
I have recently, reluctently stopped the use of marijuana. I found it to be clouding my mind too much and needed to take a break. It has been about 6 days since my last smoke and I would have to say the lack of THC is catching up with my body. Since, I have noticed my frustration/anger level increase where before with my frequent use I had next to none. I can understand this one, MJ being a downer/relaxent, easy. The problem I have been having the past few nights is in my lower back. I can best explain it as extreme anxiety in my lower back and legs. It gets to the point where I can sit or stand still, pacing from room to room. I wouldn't say it is painful but very very uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I may do to alleviate this inconvience? Thanks, SS.

SS'.. check out http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm

I was only a nightly smoker. I would take a few puffs from the pipe then relax the rest of the night before bed. I understand the body doesn't become dependent on THC or the effects, but anytime you stop the regular use of anything the body does go through some changes.

I've looked into restless legs, nope, no insects inside these legs haha. I feel a tightening in my lower back and it seems I am constantly having to stretch. Oh well, maybe I should just start smoking again, haha.

trust me its a drug, its mentally and physically addicting. Sry for you people that dont believe it, just try quitting, and youll realize the grip marijuana has on your life. I am a definite believer that marijuana usage is bad and doent help unless you have an illness, its just if you can balance both the stoned side of life and the sober life. If your the person that still can progress in life using marijuana, than its ok for you, but if you a typical stoner and have stoner mentality, sry to say your going no where in your life. Get off the drug, get what you need DONE. then later in life enjoy your hobby, when it wont effect your life as much.

I couldn't agree with you more headband. You make a very good point, yet that is not what I was after when I asked. Like any other drug there is some withdraw and I suppose that's most likely what it is. I was not to that point or mentality just thought it was time for a break.

I get irratated very easy feel like all I need is a bowl its not good. Those are rough days for any stoner. I have never felt those symptoms and have no idea what its even related to. All I can say is it might not be the weed.

ya MJ is highly addictive i was reluctant to even say this on here but recent changes in my life have made me realize how dependent i am on MJ.. i mean all smoke resin the black tar from glass pipes when ever i have to lol.. my friends call me a fiend. my good buddy whos been smoking since before we were even friends years before i started etc has been a heavy every day smoker for a good 10-13 years and he just quit ive noticed hes alot different now alot more irritable and uneasy cant seem to have fun as much kinda just turned a corner one day was wierd.

as far as your anxiety problems i totally understand its pretty much the reason i originally started smoking ive become so dependent now its a way of life rather then just smoking for fun , do you have any depression genes passed down or maybe a rough childhood, any recent stress? anything comes into play with anxiety

hate to tell you this but unless you wanna take anti depressents there aint much for anxiety besides MJ...

if it is the weed making you feel like this its just your body clinging on to that last bit of MJ in your body wanting it more!

MJ can easily be mixed into your normal life.. just takes alittle practice =) are you a weak minded person? no offence intended just trying to help ya out.. ppl with a weak soul my mom likes to say have alot harder time threw life i have a weak soul ive struggled my whole life.. always worrying about life and if im going to be able to find a good enough job to work and then die... then one day i realized lifes to short enjoy it if you **** up big deal man your just gonna die in the long run anyway enjoy your time smoke MJ , drink , whatever..

I get this when I stop taking my oxycontin, after a few days it should stop.

Theres nothing I could really do to stop it, if you figure it out... let me know...

headband said:
trust me its a drug, its mentally and physically addicting. Sry for you people that dont believe it, just try quitting, and youll realize the grip marijuana has on your life. I am a definite believer that marijuana usage is bad and doent help unless you have an illness, its just if you can balance both the stoned side of life and the sober life. If your the person that still can progress in life using marijuana, than its ok for you, but if you a typical stoner and have stoner mentality, sry to say your going no where in your life. Get off the drug, get what you need DONE. then later in life enjoy your hobby, when it wont effect your life as much.

Marijuana is a drug like Aloe vera is a drug. It is NOT a narcotic, CBM receptors in your brain may serve the purpose of specifically recieving chemicals like THC, sorry HB you make some good posts but this is not one. It is MENTALLY addictive, not physically. Look up "addiction." Sleep loss and irritability and would probably ensue if you beat off twice a day every day for a month than stopped short, doesn't mean your addicted to whackin it.

i think when you mess with your body using drugs, it can change "you" even if it is marijuana. I used medicinal marijuana for minor back pain, and insomnia and mostly for migraines. This is a prescribed drug for me, as before i would be on lots of other drugs. Ive even abused these drugs as well. I have found that no matter what the drug of choice, it is a drug and drugs are physically addicting. When we mess with our bodys dopeamines and endorphins, we are really setting our selfs up for disaster.. its harder and harder the more you use to get that happy feeling, when the bodys releases dopeamines and endorphins. now normal tasks as before, normally your body would release these, like for instance after taking a run, a sense of accomplishment. When you use marijuana, you lower the bodys ability to release our bodys natural way for making us happy. We pretty much have to use, to get that feeling again. The high happy feeling you get right after a toke. Once you mess with this, you mess with addiction. Your body needs that drug to release these now, cus normal everyday things which use release, are not enough to any more. How would that not be a physical addiction? It physically changes the body, it physically changes the way a person thinks and their decisions. The release of dopeamines and endorphins is now all screwd up, from using, and the only thing that can fix it is time. Lots and lots of sober time.. sorry to say. take some drug class's, like the government makes me..

sweetnug, we are good people here, we dont want **** talkers like you. you must be young. This Is All My Opinion so calm down. And trust me, im a lot more educated than you. You dont need to be telling me to smoke some crack, I wont, and never will. unlike you, who probably has. what do you call it when i drug changes you? who the person you are? None of you people realize, cus mj has you by the throat. I would like to suggest you putting it down and see the effect it has on you, not other people. I can promise it will be a little difficult at first but you'll learn about your self more than anything. You might realize how hard it is to be happy. This is proof that you ruined your endorphin receptors and you physically either need this drug to recreate the feeling or some serious time for your body to fix it self. To me this is physical addiction, Since now you physically need the drug to create the feeling that the body normally does without. Now it needs the drug to get that feeling. How is that not physical? this is when relapse happens cus it takes many many years for these endorphins and dopamine's to function properly, so the person use's, its a viscous cycle.

HB, you use the word DRUGS carelessly. You are including marijuana in a category to which it does not belong. There are so many assumptions built into the posts above I will not refute them line by line. Endorphin receptors? Dopamine levels? You don't know what your talking about. Endorphins receptors, to my knowledge don't exist. Dopamine levels are irrelevant to THC. I don't know where your information comes from but it is flawed.

And Yes marijuana is a DRUG. WHAT THE HECK IS IT if its not a drug?? ok as for endorphin receptors, i mean opioid receptors, which includes enkephalins, endorphins, endomorphins and nociceptin/orphanin. so yes there is endorphin receptors. abuse of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol produces behavioral and metabolic signs of frontal cortica dysfunction . When you smoke it release's dopeamines' fact sorry to say buddy. how do you ever thing marijuana is going to be legal with people like you, who dont think its even drug. What is it if its not a drug? Its only beneficial to people who have a probem that benefits from the use of marijuana, its the people like you who use it for fun, and thats why its so hard for the federal government to recognize it.

thestandard said:
Endorphins receptors, to my knowledge don't exist. Dopamine levels are irrelevant to THC.
hahah you mean your information is flawed??. there is such thing, and you didnt know dopamine's are released when you smoke ???

whats that feeling you get when you quit smoking but go buy a sac and get high anyways? Addiction is a brain disease, making it physically addicting. What is marijuana to you if its not either a medicine or a drug?
yea sorry just trying to explain my self cus some people just dont understand me.

Latest posts

Back