increase light hours 2 weeks from finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
i was watching a video on you tube the other day and some guy was recommending to increase the hours of light in final two weeks up to 14hours,apparently increasing resin levels.is this true?anyone have expeience of this method.PEACE
"I GROW TO SMOKE,NOT TO SELL BECAUSE IF I DO I'LL END IN HELL"

i have heard this method mentioned in several info sites and even "attitude"..i can't say one way or the other but i am gonna try it just to see...i don't see it hurting anything that close to harverst time.

hXXp://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/27.htm
check this out, it's actually different you increase light period but keep dark period the same 12hours and its not at the very end of flowering, i did try it once, the plants kept flowering no problems but i dont have the needed 7day timer for it

yeah, i remember hearing that it's possible to give the plant more light as long as you keep it at 12 hours of straight darkness when it is dark.. i read somewhere that someone had done an experiment with a digital timer and gave some MJ 24 hours of light with 12 hours of darkness.
supposedly doing this will increase your yield but it also takes longer to finish flowering..
i think it was like.. 24/12 with 400 watts is equal to the yield of 12/12 with 800 watts..
i'll try and find the source later, gotta get back to work..

EDIT: the link zem posted looks real familiar as from what i remember reading but it saw it somewhere else..

zem said:
hXXp://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/27.htm
check this out, it's actually different you increase light period but keep dark period the same 12hours and its not at the very end of flowering, i did try it once, the plants kept flowering no problems but i dont have the needed 7day timer for it
:yeahthat:

It will work, the largest problem is that a timer that will give you reliable 24/12 is close to $600.

That ended my interest right there.:D :D

DD

I have heard that in the last couple weeks if you give them a longer dark period like 11/13 or even 10/13 it will induce or speed up flowering but decrease yeild.....Just throwing it out there not sure how true that is im kinda curious to that also;)

you cannot speed up the plant in flower.. if you are growing hydroponicly you will notice a much more vigorus veg growth. but when it comes to flower its all on the conditions and the plant itself... think of it as if the plant is the boss. she will tell you when its time.. for everything time to give her more nutes, less heat, more light, and most important when shes done..
giver er time and dont try to rush her.. or you may stress her out..
LH

I've played with photoperiods and saw little to no effect. While some strains will flower under a 13/11 schedule, I think all flower under 12/12.

There are really so many better things to perfect that will improve yield. Photoperiod manipulation should be the last thing you try to perfect in an effort to improve yield.

what a site that sells White widow seeds says regarding White Widow:

Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it!

ishnish said:
i think it was like.. 24/12 with 400 watts is equal to the yield of 12/12 with 800 watts..
i'll try and find the source later, gotta get back to work..

EDIT: the link zem posted looks real familiar as from what i remember reading but it saw it somewhere else..
this is the og faq it's not a bible but the idea has merit, it says that its done at 21hr 30mins or so but i believe it will depend on the strain it says that this was how much the guy who experimented was able to push it any longer and his plants would reveg. i tried it at 3 weeks into flowering with 20/12 for 2 weeks and they kept flowering, i couldnt tell the increase in yield at thetime since i was a newb and had many other factors affecting the grow but i do believe it will work by simply increasing photosynthesis hours to make more bud growth as long as you do not reveg them. if you wana do it you should try it and see how much you wana push it and eventually you gona reveg em at least once when you know how much it can be pushed, that done i thnk it will work IMO :D

Latest posts

Back