indoor outdoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandZ

Reaction score
hello, I am growing indoor under 3 flurours, 1 65 watt full spectrum cool white, and 2 42 watt soft whites....

My Question:

Can I place my plants outside during the day for a few hours? Its very bright outside and I am worried of a fire catching in my house so the more time I can leave them outside the better.

thanks guys

im using the same lights as you and mine dont get that hot. I can put my hand right on the bulb and it doesnt feel hot enough to start a fire. The hps light i have is different story. I get nervous leaving it on while im not home even though i know nothing will happen. But if you are paranoid about fire you can give them some sunlight. There is a lot of bugs and creatures outdoors that would like to munch on your plants so keep an eye on that. If there is a really sunny day I usually put some of my plants right under my window and that works good.

well im actually more worried about an electrical fire from the wires or the surge or something. I am no electric engineer so I have no idea if I have too much plugged into the surge that it might be dangerous, but id rather be on the safe side of things. I am afriad putting my plants outside is a bad idea though, does anyone know if leaving your plants outside will make them tall and lanky? right now my 4 are vegging and they are nice and short and bushy.

I have four plants outside and three inside and the indoor ones are very short and bushy and the outdoor ones are tall and lanky. The outdoor ones also have about half of the veg growth than my indoor ones. So my preference would be to grow indoors but that is just my little opinion. About four hours each afternoon I get some direct sunlight coming through my windows and I put them in that a lot. Im no electrician either so i have no idea about the lights.

ok sounds like I should quit worrying and just stick them back inside, I am growing in an attic and the floor is nothing but that pinky fuzzy stuff (highly flammable) so I am extremely cautius... there probably isnt much insurance given out if your house burns down from growing marijuana

well then maybe you should be nervous. That doesnt sound so safe. I thought you had them in a grow room. Maybe you should take a vacumm to the floor to make it a little safer.

That pink stuff is called insulation and is mostly fiberglass and it wont burn. It is made to be fire resistant. You would have a better chance of lighting your carpet on fire.

oh ok. Then I guess you are all set. In your previous post you said the insulation was highly flammable and thats why I said what i did. good luck with your grow!!!

u can but remember that u can attract bugs n pest into ur plant if u bring it in n out of your growing room

Latest posts

Back