Is air exchange required for a co2 enriched grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
I got a new air conditioner for my room this last summer and its been doing a really good job. temps mid 70s humidity in the 60s and co2 ranges from 1350-1500ppm.
im using an IGS controller so as long as the values are in optimal range the exhaust fans never come on.

Should I be concerned?

Sounds like you got a good setup, if there growin great I guess I wouldnt change anything.
I have heard you should have the exhaust come on a few minutes before the co2 is released then shut off.
I never had a setup that nice.

trichnut said:
I got a new air conditioner for my room this last summer and its been doing a really good job. temps mid 70s humidity in the 60s and co2 ranges from 1350-1500ppm.
im using an IGS controller so as long as the values are in optimal range the exhaust fans never come on.

Should I be concerned?

No, it is fine :aok: the air exchanged by the ac is plenty, if IGS and temp is fine, go with it :farm:

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
I think you meant to put this in the "Indoors" forum....
yes- I was trying to figure out how to move it after the fact but couldnt.

Puffin Afatty said:
No, it is fine :aok: the air exchanged by the ac is plenty, if IGS and temp is fine, go with it :farm:
its a split a/c so no air exchange (great for keeping the smell inside)

I would still vent the room at night or right after the lights go off and then again before the lights come on. This will give you a fresh air supply to start with every day. Remember that you still need some oxygen intake in the room the plant actually needs it for the roots and to help in respiration. Your CO2 controller should automatically stop working if the lights are off so you will not waste precious gas. And it will scrub your room twice a day if you have a carbon filter.

BuddyLuv said:
I would still vent the room at night or right after the lights go off and then again before the lights come on. This will give you a fresh air supply to start with every day. Remember that you still need some oxygen intake in the room the plant actually needs it for the roots and to help in respiration. Your CO2 controller should automatically stop working if the lights are off so you will not waste precious gas. And it will scrub your room twice a day if you have a carbon filter.
yeah the controller only allows co2 while lights are on and temps and humidity are good.
ill try to figure out a way to get my fans to come on when lights go out and again when lights come on.
however i do have a secondary recerculating exhaust to scrub the room for smell. it doesnt do much for bringing in oxygen.

Latest posts

Back