is it ok to cure this way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
What I've been doing is harvesting a plant, then hang it to dry, with fan, when it's still fresh and not real dry I put the weed in the freezer of my ice box. Is it going to cure ok this way. I take the weed out some times to give it some air but then put it back in. If I need to smoke some of it I'llm take it out of freezer and dry it then smoke it....Is this an oki method. Thank you

it will never dry properly if you don't let it dry completely before you put it in the freezer. It's better the dry til the stems snap. then place in a jar and burp(exchanage air) 2 or 3 times a day til the smoked is cured or smoked up

jungle said:
What I've been doing is harvesting a plant, then hang it to dry, with fan, when it's still fresh and not real dry I put the weed in the freezer of my ice box. Is it going to cure ok this way. I take the weed out some times to give it some air but then put it back in. If I need to smoke some of it I'llm take it out of freezer and dry it then smoke it....Is this an oki method. Thank you

I have heard freezing it is not a good idea

yeah i've been doing some searching and there seems to be diferent opinions. Personaly I've done this method for awhile now and things seem to go ok. But it always seems to be more potent after i dry it to smoke verses smoking it when wetter when it never has been completly dry. I think I'm going to start drying it until the stems snap. Then putting it in the freezer. I know my method i
ve been using doesn't ruin anything nesasarily because the weeds been good, but I'm going to do it the way you said and see what happens. Im think it might be better? And personaly I will know the difference. Thanks

oh...you will see the diffrance...only time I freeze my buds is the ones Im gonna make hash outta.Dry and cure your meds the correct way

freezing it lowers THC. ive done the 3 tests. published results will be in our book

and its more potent when its drier because you are
getting more THC per toke vs. h2o. ;)

Putting hem in a freezer would probably stop any "curing" process,, IMO. There are chemical changes that take place during the curing, that I'm sure require moderate temp's.

ok I have some trim in there, and I set my weed out last night in a cool room with a fan and today its dry so it dried out quickly. So from now on I'll dry it till the stems snap and put it in the freezer in sealed jars after that. cool

just set the jars in a cool dark place and burp the jars 2 or 3 times a day for for a month. Doing this will cure your buds and bring out the best taste.

jungle said:
ok I have some trim in there, and I set my weed out last night in a cool room with a fan and today its dry so it dried out quickly. So from now on I'll dry it till the stems snap and put it in the freezer in sealed jars after that. cool

Why are you putting it in the freezer? Everything I have ever read tells me that this is not good for your bud.

The reason is So it has a slower cure rate is the reason. Break it down slow, then dry it, and let it cure some more is basically what I was doing. For example if you have a compost pile it wont decompose much durring the winter. Then idea in my head was to have a slow cure before its dried thinking it would bring about a milder taste. less harsh. Then once it's been in the freezer for awhile and then gets dried it will remain in jars and continue to cure. But if it's not helping the weed or the potency ect ect I don't want to do it. Ive noticed some places on the internet and i might of gotten it a little mixed up with the dry ice thing....But over all I havent seen to much of as problem, but I do know it's not as potent when it never has dried yet. Bottom line my thinking was sklower breaking down of weed the better cured but it sounds like it needs to be dried right away then put in a dark cool place or like some they do keep it in thye freezer.

There's a thread about curing somewhere, it's great info. Slow curing is the goal, but you do this by hanging until stems nearly snap, then remove the buds from stem and jar them up. You need to burp the jar on occasion as outlined in the thread.

IMO drying it in front of the fan doesn't dry it properly either. Follow the link Hick posted and I guarantee you will see a noticeable difference.Good Luck

ok i'm going to perfect my drying and curing skills. I did read most of the link from Hicks post like sugested. The link says to dry not till stems snaps this is bad....:). That it is a little to dry. But I'm getting a clearer picture of what not to do. Maybe my weed isn't to wet I usually hang it to dry 4 or 5 days. The out side of the bud is drier and can be crumbles off but the inside still clings as a bud to the stem because it's wetter. But I'm sure sometimes I put it in the freezer to wet thinking this was even better. This is usually about the point I been jaring it up for the freezer burping everyday. Burping less frequently as time goes. But if i'm going to put it in a cool dark place I'll follow guidelines so it doesnt mold and spoil. I don't know what book ogkushman has that he mentioned. ok I think i'm on the right path now. Don't freeze the wet stuff before it's at the proper curing point, better probly yet just stick it in a cool dark place when it's ready for it. I'll go over the links tks everyone.

jungle i am working with a cannachemist to obtain THC potency information. Ive been told to shutup with results until the book is published. lol

But quote me on this...THC degrades after it has been exposed to freezing temperatures.

:) happy curing!

good luck with your book. It's interesting what people are doing.

Latest posts

Back