is it ok to cure this way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks my my I found it tks.

And now heres what all the Hooplas been about.

100_0020-7.JPG

Cool Jungle!
MMMMM BUDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! :hubba:

There are many ways of curing, I normally prefer Air curing as there will not be any smell, i am getting the real aroma...
How does it smell once you cure in freezer...
Share your experience...

:holysheep:

Gartner, I'll try to explain my experience and thoughts about it. Three things come to mind...1 trichs falling off...2 not drying plant enough before putting it in jars....3 smell.and potency.......I've had two grows where I used the freezer after the plants were dried. The first one was the best in my oppinion. Maybe I liked the strains better, but the colas were from 12 to 14 inches long, real nice. I froze those after drying. And i believe they were dried enough to go into the freezer with out the weed being to wet. But the thing is when i get the weed out of the freezer and smoke it, that weed never had dried completly. Therefore i believe it is the weaker if it never has dried completly. Once it does dry even if it's been 1 day and i smoke it then it seems stronger than the wetter never dried weed.

They say the trichs fall off, if it goes into the freezer. And that doesn't sound good.

With the freezer method many times I never smoked weed that was dry for to long of period. Therefore I think I am missing out on some of the maturity of the cure. So now I make sure the weed is dry enough to put in jars, store it in a cool dark place, it will be dry and for longer periods of time, and there fore more potent. Even though the freezer method was not a tragedy by any means people have enjoyed the weed and get very high off it...I know theres better weed:). I actually have a friend that has told me he likes the weed when it's a little damp from the freezer better, so it can be a personal thing too i guess...

This last grow after I took the weed out of the freezer, and dried it some more because people said so I then placed it back in the jars, and continued cureing in a cool dark place instead of the freezer. I feel like the method where the weed is dried and kept in cool dark place brings out the smell and taste, where as the smell and taste is weaker when a bit wet and fresh out of the freezer and never been dried..completly....

So dry cure out of the freezer seems better than the slow cure in freezer where the weed has never really dried yet......question remains.......lets say you cure in freezer for one year...take out.....dry....smoke one month later....what will it be like verses.....plants that are dried then placed in jars, and stored same amount of time.in cool dark place...which would be better? I don't know but if the trichs fall off i'd say the freezer isnt as good....question again tho is, how significant is the loss of trichs verses a frozen slow cure? And then what happens when its out of the freezer then dried and kept in jars cool dark place for awhile whats it smoke like? I'm done . I read about the air dry it sounds like fun...(ed rosenthal sticky) and at the bottom of the sticky it says some people put there leaves ect in the freezer increasing potnency......and I've read from other searches, it was an accepted practise of putting weed in the freezer for keeping, but scientificaly it sounds like its t not the best...

Latest posts

Back