is my clone ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sol said:
AND any improvement with the clones or still the same?

There about the same but im keeping a close eye on them:watchplant: They havnt seem to of gotten any worse.

Heres some current pictures of them i just took. what do you all think? they have a chance?

1022011655a.jpg

1022011656.jpg

1022011656a.jpg

1022011656b.jpg

You'll most likely lose some of them but I bet some will survive. :)

Hushpuppy said:
You'll most likely lose some of them but I bet some will survive. :)
Alright good:D i just need two, one of each strain to make mother plants with.

And thanks again you all have been alot of help!
Heres a :bongin: for you all.

Hang in there and keep a good eye, betcha more survive than you first thought. Might take longer- trimming leaf tips like was mentioned will help alot. IMO

i have read somewhere that when cloning that ph is not important since ph is for nute intake,and the clones have no roots yet.i have taken cuttings put them in bubble cloner with tap water(ph above 8)and have had success.just from the 2 successful cloning episodes that i have had,i think tempature had a lot to do with it.my water temp and room temp was around 75 =100% success,around 85 room temp (last summer)killed them.
when they take root ph is very important
also if you have lower MEDIUM(what you have your cutting sitting in,soil, rockwool,etc.) temps the longer it will take your cuttings to take root.

Sol said:
Hang in there and keep a good eye, betcha more survive than you first thought. Might take longer- trimming leaf tips like was mentioned will help alot. IMO

ok i hope so, would removing the whole leaf if it is all brown be ok?

OregonGrownBud said:
ok i hope so, would removing the whole leaf if it is all brown be ok?
Yes, once the leaf has more than 60% necrotic (brown patch) then it is actually draining the plants energy tryin to repair it. When I take cuttings, I don't have but 1-2 sets of leaves and I cut off or cut back any big fan leaves so that they don't draw energy from the cutting if they start dieing. I have had some that had too much light and burned up the leaves. I cut off all but the sprout at the very top of the stem that was only 1/4" long, and it survived to grow out and produce a good plant. :)

ok good to know.

Hushpuppy said:
I cut off all but the sprout at the very top of the stem that was only 1/4" long, and it survived to grow out and produce a good plant.

interesting, Plants are very extraordinary that's why i enjoy growing them :farm:

Yeah, i was wonderin too. So,....? The reason i ask, is i also had 4 questionable clones at the same time as you, and mine are much better and going to pull thru and i thought yours' may have shown some improvement.:)

mr_medi_bud said:
how's they clones lookin?!!
Sol said:
Yeah, i was wonderin too. So,....? The reason i ask, is i also had 4 questionable clones at the same time as you, and mine are much better and going to pull thru and i thought yours' may have shown some improvement.

Eh they still look about the same, with a little bit more yellow :confused2: but i noticed one of them had a root starting. but idk im not giving up on them yet. idk why i have such bad luck with clones.

It might not be your luck at all, I think its prolly just the thickness of the stems. Mine are alot thinner ,and just popped back to life, so maybe they just need more time. I noticed too, as was mentioned, that temp. has alot to do with it. Mine were in the 'big plants' room andf did not like it at all, too warm, but when i seperatd them to their own cooler space. Bang, thats' what they needed.

I hope it works out, if you are like me i get sorta attatched to my plants and it really bums me out when they are'nt doing well.:D :)

Sol said:
It might not be your luck at all, I think its prolly just the thickness of the stems. Mine are alot thinner ,and just popped back to life, so maybe they just need more time. I noticed too, as was mentioned, that temp. has alot to do with it. Mine were in the 'big plants' room andf did not like it at all, too warm, but when i seperatd them to their own cooler space. Bang, thats' what they needed.

I hope it works out, if you are like me i get sorta attatched to my plants and it really bums me out when they are'nt doing well.:D :)
I hope not, i seem to do just fine with clones when i get them from other people. Also they are in a cooler room, not sure of the exact temp tho.

Ya i feel yah there, i sometimes get too attached to my plants and when
they arnt doing good thats all i think about, it consumes me :hairpull:
Lol and thanks so do i.

Another thing , i just thought of, when my clones were all limp, and all the leaves turned everywhichway, i put little toothpicks along side them to brace them up, so they could get light properly. Seemed to help, ynow' sorta force them to stand up. Have you clipped the leaf tips off yet??

Yea i clipped the leaves that were dead off. And something i just thought of, the cloning room might get to lower temps at night. Would that kill them? ill be testing the temp tonight to see if thats the case.

I suppose that depends on HOW cold it gets. I'm not sure about max temps for clones. Should go as easy as possible on them though. Hmm don't know what to tell ya. Did you also trim all the tips of all the leaves too or just the dead ones? The smaller leaf seems to be less of a draw on the plant as it grows new roots. Puts more focus on roots than keeping leaves hydrated. Just the last 1/4 of the leaf.

Latest posts

Back