is this a female plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I had two plants out in the sun one was a fem from ch99 a blue lemon thai the other was from a friend that just broke out a seed well I thought they were both fem cause the lookes like it the little hairs sticking up well today while wateing I found seed on one of them heres a pick I remover it and tosed it problem is it was sitting next too the blue lemon thai heres a pick of her does it look like a male or female to you I don't want to have to toss this one out also .

07142013-1.JPG

07142013-2.JPG

You got yourself a boy on the left....get him outta there. In fact i would spray water all over the plants before I pulled him. You may be too late, idk.

I pulled him before I even posted the thread, I pretty much was looking for some understanding cause I can swear that both them plants were female they both had the same hairs sticking out of the nodes and the stem meet and suddenlly there were seeds I was like aawwwhh so I took some pics and dug him out he was close to four feet made me sad to see him go but I was unwilling to lose the the blue lemon thai I hope I did not lose her

Those aren't seeds. Those are male flowers about to pollinate the world. Did you spray water to help kill the pollen?

I pour water all over the female plant the male one is now in the trash with a board on top of it to keep the wind from blowing its pollen everywhere I hope it works

Open the garbage can and spritz that boy down with some water. Bleach water would be great and won't hurt the garbage can.

bleach with water and put it in a plastic bag. how long before I know if he pollonated the female

should know the next day...keep an eye on the pistils...if they turn red/orange than you pollinated that but...I would also have misted the room to be sure to kill pollen that had been released...Pollen can be viable for up to 6 months in the right environment hope this helps

:48:

They were immature males, doubtful any pollen was out, but you never can tell :eek:

:peace:

I hope its not a hermie I got it as a fem seed from ch99 they are out side so if any pollen got away it did get her.

4u2sm0ke said:
should know the next day...keep an eye on the pistils...if they turn red/orange than you pollinated that but...I would also have misted the room to be sure to kill pollen that had been released...Pollen can be viable for up to 6 months in the right environment hope this helps

:48:
grow bud sites at that time

she does not have pistols yet she is out doors and still in veg I am assuming that around augest she will begin to have less light and might start to

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere, you started getting less light after the summer solstice. I would expect outdoor plants to be starting to flower any time.

I believe that I see a pistil on the plant on the right, but the pic isn't quite clear enough to see if there are balls.

I went to inspect that plant and do not see any balls on it I hope it stays like that I will let you all know as it progresses I am in SW USA

The pics are fuzzy, but that is looking boyish to me. Do you have a macro setting that might let you get a little clearer pic?

tazzz03 thoses look male unless thats new growth, which I don't think it is,

Latest posts

Back