Is this true? and if not what is good soil to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devious448

Reaction score
Well... I heard from someone that if you use used coffee grounds meaning already used in 1 pot of coffee and soil and mix it tigether its really good soil because the oils from the coffe richen the soil and the reason is is because when the coffee grounds are used in a coffee maker it brings them up to a high temperature and does somthing i dont remember but.... yeah is this true? and Is blue Miracle Grow ok to use?:confused:

I used MG with the three month slow release food in it. Kinda burned my babies at first. I am on first Grow + expansion set. Now I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and control my nutes.

I suggest using something organic and without much fert. It is better to control the nutes than to just let them do what they want. My grow is happier and better balanced with Fox Farms, PH is awesome!

Coffee grounds is more of a hypothesis than anything else. But, it is a very widely accepted one. I don't drink any coffee so I am having a tough time coming into any, but it is definitely something I want to try. All I hear is very good reviews!

better take up the habit DL. Just don't turn into a Will Farell from the movie Kicking and Screaming :p.

I think I'm going to start giving this a shot.

Hahah, LKGPP. Document it if you really are serious about it. Try a few pots with it and a few pots without. Let's see what happens!

DLtoker said:
Coffee grounds is more of a hypothesis than anything else. But, it is a very widely accepted one. I don't drink any coffee so I am having a tough time coming into any, but it is definitely something I want to try. All I hear is very good reviews!

"Ground coffee is high in nitrogen, making it a very good mulch for fast-growing vegetables. Many organic growers swear by coffee grounds as mulches for tomato plants..."

For the entire article:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nwgardens/143052_lovejoy09.html

Also, if you go by any restaurant and ask them to save their coffee grounds for you for a few days, you'll have enough to plant an acre. Just take them a little trash can with a swing lid and a liner in it. Go pick up the full can liner each evening. Even a small restaurant will use many pounds of coffee each day. When you get it home, just pick out the filters and anything else they happen to mix in. A screen would make that an easy task.

The way i did it was i got a pot that wasnt too big but just right and filled it half of soil and half of coffe grounds and mixed it together thoroughly and then planted the seed.

im going to try this i got some old coffee grounds in the coffee maker im going right now be back later we will see if it helps my sick plant lol ;)

yup yup just got back from doing it hope it helps her somehow but what i was thinking about before i did it deer like the smell of coffee so hhhhhuuumm i wounder if it more bad them good i dont think they are going to go eat some used ground up coffee hahahha

i have a question.... How can you tell if a seed is a male or female?

Hey if you are growing outside I would use the coffee grounds as a mulch. That way the nitrogen will leach down into the soil with each watering and even a little bit with the morning dew. Also mulch will help keep weed seeds from germinating and will also keep the temperature and moisture around the roots more constant. This is very beneficial to any type of plant's root system. End result = Bigger Better Buds :)

Latest posts

Back