Is this WPM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_pink

Reaction score
For the last week or so I've been finding tiny holes in my plant's leaves but I haven't been able to narrow it down to any cause. I'm not sure if it's WPM or not but I occasionally see a tiny bit of white on my plants and there is a buildup of white dust on the circulation fan and on the top of the cooling fan for my grow light. It's kinda hard for me to describe what it looks like because my camera doesn't pick it up well, with just minor damage and nothing under the leaves. Is this WPM or something else, and how hard would it be to remove from my grow space?

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 9
I going say no, may be bugs suckling from under leaves have you look under the leaves for insect signs
PM has always presented itself rather fast and looks more like this
1617560620742.png

I going say no, may be bugs suckling from under leaves have you look under the leaves for insect signs
PM has always presented itself rather fast and looks more like this

I originally thought it was bugs and I even installed some screen to try and keep them out, but I haven't seen any so far. I check under the leaves all the time and it's been confusing the hell outta me.

If you have spider mites that screen wont change anything. Hard to tell under the Led lights. Turn them off and take pictures.
Or take one of the bad leaves use a magnifying glass and look under the leaves for tiny little bugs moving around or webbing.

Pretty sure Hopper is spot on. Spider mites. Do what he said. You will see the little fockers. You are fine. At that stage they can be killed,,,,,eggs as well. I use Azamax. Drench both over and under the leaves with a 360 sprayer every two days for 4 applications and keep a close eye.

If they were in flower you would have a whole different problem.

Yeah i agree i dont think he has PM but it very well could be. I seen tale tale signs on a few leaves in his pictures of Spider Mites.

If it were me and you are growing inside under the lights just kill the mites with bug spray. Lady bugs love mites but it only takes one in flower for total infestation in a very short time. The lady bugs probably won't get them all.

They are good for an outdoor grow but I think you will be sorry if you go that route. IMO

Lady bugs can only eat so much. They cant fix an infestation.

Thanks for the advice I'll take a look at some mite killer when I have the chance.
I wasn't actually planning to use ladybugs that sounds like a pain to collect a bunch of them lol

Attachments

• ladybugs.jpg
    ladybugs.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 6
For Spider Mites I have used
Green Cleaner 749804 Sprayer Home Pest Control, 8 oz
in mid flower it worked well when I caught them in time, several applications were needed with the use of a small pump sprayer.
But in your case you can most likely still wash the mites away using plain water.
In flower they can be a MAJOR PIA.
Check google for methods of washing plants in veg.
I will too

GreenCure® is not a toxic chemical. Its active ingredient, potassium bicarbonate, is commonly used in food products and is "generally recognized as safe" by the FDA and is seen as an alternative to other fungicides by the EPA. It's better for the environment, it's better for you and it works!

The Potassium bicarbonate is it.

Latest posts

Back