Is your family cool or do you hide that u smoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
I was curious thinking about this today. My bro is cool so r a few of my cousins. Other than I hide it. Even though I am legal and dont live at home. How many of you live life outloud? Sometimes I almost feel like I am in the closet. Anyone else? It is strange I think as long as my parents are here I will always be demure but once I am older and they are gone the bob marley shirts and pot posters are coming out...Watch me be 70.:eek: :eek:

Course it also probably helps me to not get pulled over.

They are not cool with it at all....that doesnt mean I hide it. ;)

Im comfortable with who I am. If someone else is not...that is their problem, even if that is my family. I am who I am and wouldnt change it for ANYONE. Now that does not mean I buy shirts that say "Stoner" on them .:)

I make sure when I go visit I spray perfume and dont reak of weed when I hug my parents. I think they know I smoke tho. My dad asked me once if I really wanted to smoke pot everyday (I said it helped with diabetes) and I thought hell yeah I want to smoke it everyday. Unfortunately I think they believe that weed is as bad as ciggs as far as cancer and smoking and worry about my lungs. Try explaining a vaporizer to them.

I don't live at home, and the only person in my family who knows, is my one brother. They all know that I used to smoke, but were very uncool about it.

What OGKush said made sense, though. Perhaps, we shouldn't hide it, but rather, be confident in who we are.

I'm a parent apparently ! I can ring my mother and ask her if she would mind if i smoke weed in my house ! Do they have phones in Heaven ?

I have a carefree attitude about it. I don't try to hide and I don't really broadcast it either. I smoke around family and friends that don't, just not right in front of their faces. I usually go outside or whatever... But I don't care that I wreak of pot! As long as you're of age, who cares!

I don't lie. If it comes up I tell them that I smoke. I have told more than one person to piss up a rope when I get the "weed is evil" line. When I go to the doctor, and the nurse asks what meds I'm on, I always tell them that I smoke weed. Most of my friends ask how hopped up I would be if I didn't smoke. I'm always doing something, can't sit around. GOTTA have something going on or to do. Haze me and I sound pretty similar.

Once again a time to use my fav saying!

"I TELL NO ONE" and I sleep great at night!

Cheers!!!!

My family is definitely not cool about it. When I say my family, I mean my sisters. My sons are cool, as are my brother-in-laws and nephews. I don't advertise it, but I don't hide it either. I yam what I yam ;)

Both sides of my parents families are completely clean. Both my parents have drank maybe twice in high school and never smoked a cig or weed in their life. It sucks being the only one in your entire family. They are all the type of people that watch those stupid " Dont smoke weed or you will run over some little girl on a bicycle at the McDonalds drive in" commercials, and believe it. They think it causes cancer and will kill you.

I forgot, I do have one uncle that has Huntingtons disease and he used to party. He is in a home now because the disease is so bad and I wish I could sneak him some pot brownies sometime. I bet he would love it!

Except for my folks...everyone i associate with tokes or is cool about toking. I am not the type to surround myself with people without the same "hobbies" :p

I don't hide who I am from anyone, period. Never have. It used to infuriate my mom. My family has known, or suspected, I smoke sinse I was around 16. My mother once told me "I know you're smoking that crap, but I'm not gonna waste my time following you around crabbing at you, but if you ever bring it into my home I'll break every bone in your body". I always figgured this was a fair understanding (I also knew she meant it , and would do it). the subject was dropped for years. When I got out of the millitary and opted to stay at my brothers house instead of hers, she was curious as to why. One night I was visiting at her house and it was like a lightbulb went on in her head. She looked at me and said "you still smoke that wacky weed, don't you?". When I told her yes, she did'nt say anything more about it untill I got ready to leave. Then she pops up with "You're welcome to move in as long as you don't smoke inside the house and you keep it outside, use the garage or garden house". It actually worked out really good. For the seven months I stayed at her house, if I was smoking in the garden house I would just leave the outside light on so she would'nt walk into something she did'nt approve of. It was just basic mutual respect. She knew I was'nt gonna' quit to please someone else, and I respected her right not to be arround it.
She has sinse descovered that all five of her children either do, or have smoked at some time.
In my oppinion being decietful severly limits the extent of any relationship.

With my folks its the don't ask don't tell policy :p
They know i have and suspect i still do, but the way they figure it at my age it ain't none of there business ;)

Just about everyone in my family tokes, or would but are prevented by work. Only a few uncles are the ones who always smoke like me though. The rest of the fam are occasional smokers. Its guaranteed I will smoke at every BBQ or family function I attend. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time we didn't have pot at a family get together.

everyone in my family smokes except my mom, dad has passed on. my daughter doesnt smoke. most people i know either smoke or dont care and i dont hide the fact but i am considerate of others and go out and smoke when the need arises. cubby hit the nail on the head with his post

No. Only my safety person. (one that rushes in should anything happen to me and tear out everything instantly)
Last thing Id ever want is the kids to know. Why I waited till they were all grown and gone before deciding to start back up.

Both for me. I don't hide it per se but i don't flaunt it either in my general life.

My father died from lung cancer when i was 29 and i tried to convince him to use in some form to help with his aweful symptoms from the illness itself and the treatments. He wanted no part of it. He wasn't offended just had been through a year of being lead around by the nose by doctors and was stuck in that mindset. He was a lifelong drinker and giving that up to fight the illness was the salt in the wound for him. Felt like he lost it all overnight. It just seemed so natural to me that he could get some appetite back and get buzzed for the ride out, but there's only so much we can do outside of love.

My mother on the other hand (parents divorced after birth) had a mid life crisis and started to explore again. I made the mistake of getting high with her which opened up a big ole can of worms. Ever since she's thought she was super hip and can call me on all my back door shinanagins. I'm tired of her asking me if i'm 'loaded'. Haaaa. I keep replying, ' am i awake Mom?'

My parents are oldschool hippies and so are my inlaws, so Its not an issue at all ! We uaually all smoke together when we have family get together, so theres always alot of tastey food and good conversation ! Good times

Latest posts

Back