Issue on 2 seedlings that are 2 weeks old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
So I posted this asking in my Journal, but it's not really interesting in there quite yet.
I have 5 Satori and 3 Beyond the Brain growing right now under T5's. Well 2 of the Beyond the Brains that are at the same stage, popped above dirt on the 28th of March have something going on. Only 2 things I can think are the reason only these two look like this are that i either screwed something up in transplanting them two days ago, or that possibly the water was off on PH when I transplanted them. That was the only time they got their own batch of water. Every other time other plants have gotten the same water and arent showing these signs.
I started in Black Gold Seedling mix, and transplanted into Happy Frog. Pretty sure these two had small signs of this before transplant, (stoner memory), but now 2 days later and theyve doubled in size, its a lot more noticeable. What does this look like to you all? It's only on the first set of serrated leaves, and all new growth looks good and green. Something nute related? Cause they haven't received anything but ph'd water so far....
Posted the pic already in my Journal, but any help appreciated. Something to worry about and fix? Or new growth isn't affected, already good for now..
Here's the pic, not sure how to attatch from a diff thread on the board
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=187962&d=1333999280

Forgive me, I'm an amateur at this, but that looks a little like nute burn to me. I havent had any experience with pH issues, but I have with nute burn. The only problem I have diagnosing it as nute burn is that the "burned" part, doesn't appear to be a vibrant yellow, as it did when I burned my seedlings.

That's what I was thinking. Was yellowish first, and still is around the edges. Now white-ish in the middle. I haven't given nutes is the thing though. And aside from the happy frog organic soil they went into two days ago, they haven't received any nutes. Thought being how quick can wrong PH screw up nute intake? I thought PH doesnt matter in organics anyhow. I'm not going organic, and have been ph'ing my water though... I just dont get what could cause this. Not super stressed, cause these are the oldest leaves, and it doesn't seem to be spreading. New growth is coming in nice. Would just like to know what could have happened to do this... Any other thoughts?

Hi Ston-loc,
I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't worry about it if it is on just one leaf. If the new growth is fine, it will be fine.
Looking good so far. Greenest of mojo.

:yeahthat: Could be water damage from the leaf sitting in the wet soil after watering.....

:yeahthat: I was thinking the same thing.

However, what are the ppms of the water that you are watering them with? If you have high ppms, you could be "nuting" them without realizing it.

Not sure on that. I really should get a tester. I've just used the drops to test ph last grow and the beginning of this one. Any recommendations? That def could be it too as far as the leaves sitting on wet soil. They are all pretty short and close to soil. Just odd it's only these two that have it.

Latest posts

Back