jackband1t's first grow - so far so good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackband1t

loligager
Reaction score
Hey guys, you might have noticed me asking a bunch of n00b questions for the last couple weeks...my seeds have sprouted and i currently have 4 plants all looking good ready to grow and all are on approximately day 6 of veg. My first question is when should i think about watering them again? Pics coming soon... :D

jackband1t said:
Hey guys, you might have noticed me asking a bunch of n00b questions for the last couple weeks...my seeds have sprouted and i currently have 4 plants all looking good ready to grow and all are on approximately day 6 of veg. My first question is when should i think about watering them again? Pics coming soon... :D
You should only have to water every 3 or 4 days IMO. A good way to tell when they need a drink is by sticking your finger in the dirt about 1 or 2 inches deep. If it is dry then water if it's still a bit damp let it go for another day. ;) Here is some GREEN MOJO for your babies.

GreenMojo.JPG

hey thanks a lot for the advice and especially the mojo, TBG!! i'll make sure to keep you guys updated

What up jack?! My experience states that from seed my watering schedule in the begining is like once a week. I like to stuck my finger 2 knuckles deep to test for dryness of soil. Thats just about 2". You'll find your own schedule that works but by far the best way to tell is stick your finger in it.

thanks schlendrake...i'm hoping to get some pics up soon btw! i need to borrow a friend's camera. so i've wired together a make-shift light board and need to set that up, since all i've got is lamps right now and nothing concrete for my light source...

A couple questions: I have two babies growing in one pot--should i transplant sooner than later? Also, is it ok to combine hps lighting with cfl's? and if so, how much and what kind of hps would be acceptable?

Next time you water you should water until you get some runoff and then lift up the pots and note the weight in your head.. When you think the pots are dry, lift em and you will be able to tell for sure..

In deep pots I even got a moisture meter .. it has a 16" probe so you can tell if you are dry for sure that way..

Anyways ..

jackband1t said:
thanks schlendrake...i'm hoping to get some pics up soon btw! i need to borrow a friend's camera. so i've wired together a make-shift light board and need to set that up, since all i've got is lamps right now and nothing concrete for my light source...

A couple questions: I have two babies growing in one pot--should i transplant sooner than later? Also, is it ok to combine hps lighting with cfl's? and if so, how much and what kind of hps would be acceptable?

Yup repot them babies. Rule of thumb is 1 per pot. I never combined lights but I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.

alright, its been just about 20 days, and i'm growin w/ all CFL's...the grow is commin along a little slow and i'm thinking its because i'm not using bomb-*** lighting...the leaves are wilting a little also, is that a sign that i need more circulation? thanks!

-jb

In my experiance leaf wilt is due to either too much/little water. It could be other things but this is the easiest to eliminate first. I test water by putting my finger into the soil up to mu second knuckle. If it's damp I dont water it and just the same with the oposite if it's dry then I do. You can also just pick up the pot, if it's heavy don't water, light then water. It could be Neutriant overdose but there are other signs with that.

Latest posts

Back