Jerky Heads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missabentley

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else love to make jerky of any kinda? I prefer Venison. If so I'd love to share recipes with one another :)

Never had elk. Would love to try. I can't hunt elk in my parts. But we do have a grocery with specialty meats

missabentley said:
Never had elk. Would love to try. I can't hunt elk in my parts. But we do have a grocery with specialty meats

don't have elk in my parts....... but I know where to go in NM to get one every so often.

I'm easy to please. My fav is plain ol spiced terrioki (?) beef.

I knew I butchered that word!!!

I bet it is bad azz missa. :D

Loves all the jerky its all good as long as the nitrate aint to high. Love makin me own too ;)

BWD

We are pretty famous around here for our jerky. We make,

Spicy Pork
Spicy Beef
Peppercorn turkey
Hawaiian Beef

Also make fire pepperoni sticks.

nouvellechef said:
We are pretty famous around here for our jerky. We make,

Spicy Pork
Spicy Beef
Peppercorn turkey
Hawaiian Beef

Also make fire pepperoni sticks.
That's awesome. Sounds delish :D

ok thank god the title didn't actually mean it towards a member!!! lol
I love jerky, but its never thick and soft and chewy enough for me.
venison in whistler was the best ive ever had.
the 3 types I get here are like other threads here, there good, bad then someone gets thrown out hehe!
im off to smoke one. I see the waves are calming a bit, maybe ill hold out on leaving. that sounds fimilar!! im a fn comedian today

I make elk jerky every year. I just love it. I generally make some kind of sweet jerky, some kind of teriyaki jerky, and some king of peppered jerky.

I would love to share some recipes.

Ruffy, I make mine thick and soft and chewy. That is the benefit of making your own--you can make it like you like it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I make elk jerky every year. I just love it. I generally make some kind of sweet jerky, some kind of teriyaki jerky, and some king of peppered jerky.

I would love to share some recipes.

Ruffy, I make mine thick and soft and chewy. That is the benefit of making your own--you can make it like you like it.
That'd be awesome THG. I'll post mine up as soon as I can. Ruffy, yes that's the beauty of making your own. All done to your preference ;) I just got a meat slicer but I prefer cuttin by hand with fillet knife.. More than likely user error LOL

I will dig it up for you.

All this time, I had thought you were a gal--Miss A. Bentley. It is hard to switch gears to you being a guy (that misses a special car?). I am glad that we got to meet your fiancee. I think couples growing together is wonderful!

It's a joke about our dog, Bentley. He is so spoiled he has a title. Mr. Bentley. But we say "missa" for slang bc he is a pit bull so we poke fun at his thuggish stereotype. We adopt/foster/rescue pit bulls :D

nice

we adopted a Pit bull lab mix. She is a sweet heart but very opinionated. :)

Latest posts

Back