jsut a few questions from a first time grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
i have a few questions about my grow this is my very first and ive done well so far im in the flowering stage and am very happy that i have 2 fems. now as to my questions. 1 i have been growing in a box with 2 4ft floro balasts with 2 agroson lamps and 2 vita lite t 12s now i hear everyone swear by the hps and sodium lamps but shouldnt i be able to still get my flowering stage to equal out jsut the same using these lamps with the conditions i have already in placeor will my lovely ladies need more high output lighting for the remainder of thier growth

Picture 2.jpg

While I prefer HPS and MH lights, the flouros you've been using will be fine to finish your plants, they've brought you this far and they should be fine to finish things up.

I did my last grow on shop lights actually. Five 4' fixtures, 2 bulbs a peice. 400watts of cool white flouro lighting :D
The plants obviously loved it. I had to tie two of the four females back because they were outgrowing the 8ft tall ceiling. Unfortunately, one of my buddies brought in bugs and within days all the leaves died and they stopped producing.
So many things went wrong with this grow, despite the 8ft tall plants
One of the males that I didn't catch, kind of bent over and fell into the fan... boom - ever female polinated. Went on multiple trips and they didn't get watered/fed enough. Lights fell on the plants a couple times while I was raising them up (It's hard to adjust 5 seperate fixtures when the ceiling is 8ft tall and you're only 6'1"
Only got about 20g wet weight from the entire grow (four females). Very, very disappointing. I've learned my lesson however... Never let anyone into the grow room!

hey thanks to all frot eh advice and the stories and comments it sounds to me from the replys that i really dont have many worries for my fems and they should be just fine the way they are if i have any other questions you better belive that ill be back :D

if your using side lighting you should rotate the plants regularly....it'll help the lower buds fill out more evenly....

nice plant and nice reflector paper job good luck with your grow

yeah i have been initially i wante dot hang my 4' lights to raise and lower them but the cabinet im using isnt wide enough so it has been a side mount grow and i watch them so much that i noticed warly on that my plants wanted to go to the side and ive been turning them every 2 days 180 degrees sot hey dont go lopsided on me

hey tahnks for the compliments i used mylar bubble insulation for my box its about 1/2" thick and keeps the internal temp at about 78 degrees in my box my plants have been happy with it. you can find the type of wrap i used at most home and garden centers like home depot (which is where i got mine) it was about 15 bucks for a 25' roll, i also used aluminum tape for it to fill in any gaps or missing pieces on the wals of the box

if space permits you could hang a small clamp light with a cfl in it above the plants to keep the shooting up....you could pull it off for under $20....

ok now im lost i dont know what a cfl is

cfl's are the small spiral flourescent bulbs that you can find at almost any store....they have a ballast built into the base and up to 65 watters will fit in standard house sockets....be warned when buying they state the incandescent equivalent amount of light....for example, the ones i use at home are 12 watt cfl's that are equivalent to 60 watt incandescents....just be sure you pay attention to the actual bulb wattage and not the equivalent output wattage....

are you talking the next gen floros i didnt think that they had any red or blue in them for growth i was under the impression that they were really just the same as an incandesant but used less power

IMO cfl are okay to learn how to grow,or to use for side lighting.Not saying one can't grow good smok with them,because alot have,and alot are.What i'm saying is to get those thick tight BIG BUD'S NOTHINGS BETTER THEN ''HID'S'' BESIDES THE SUN OF COURSE.

i do put them out alot too but its at night and real wet times that they are in the box

Latest posts

Back