just a baby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok time for an update- got the veg room part lined with plastic and with mylar.Company just came over so no go yet pics comming soon!

now that there is a friend, someone who (loans out his grow supplies).:) , the dude aint even shared a sample huh? hoping he didnt get off with your stuff man.:eek: ...

ok i got some more work to do- i forgot what a pain it is to line this area under here- the insulation is making it hard to lay it out like i want to as with the places where the studs are to tack to. ive got most all the room lined with plastic and mylar (the cheep "emergency blankets" in the camping section) of course not "the best" stuff but will acomplish what i need to to do for now. i have yet to seal the room but stink isnt an issue yet so i will have to fix that problem when it comes.

anyway- got the vac out and will vac the room totally out relay my insulating mat down and then start working on bettering my intake and exhaust. my camera batter just went dead so i am waiting to take the pics. but i will update soon- i wish i could put a 400 watt light in this space (im sure i could) but with the heat and the noise for ventilation i will need im not going to even attempt this. i forgot to mention i got this light at home depot for 25 bux- it had been opened but was in perfect condition with a new bulb. its a small 70 HPS. nothing fancy and came with a reflector thats worthless so im going to have to make something. i had a 250 in this space but im amazed at how cool this baby 70 watter runs with minimial ventilation. i think it would be cool if i put three or four in here - hung them on a rail and make a air cooled reflector and this lil space could really put out an sog. we will see if i come across another good deal on a light but this little one is working like a charm now!

thanks for all the kind words fellas :D and last time i went to dudes house where he has the light set up the house was vacant so i guess hes a goner!

it didnt help i moved to NY several months after and was living there for about 7-8 months :eek:

i know that i can get a 400w for 100 bux but i need a 250- anyone know any good places for a cheep 250??- i dont want to spend 70 bux on a 250 at inside sun when i could get a 400 for 100.

i guess ill check ebay or craigslist....

Hey lookin good TOA

just 1 quick Qs

at what time do you stop supercropping?

I have 3 girls that I have been SC since they were about 4" tall, they are now in the garden and beginning to flower.

i pinch hard until i cant pinch no more- well into flowering. when it starts getting hard to pinch- mission acomplished!

ok heres some quick pics- lined the entire thing, not sealed and lightproof (light comming out but will be fine when i get the chance to tape everything up).

im keeping the seedlings close but remember there is no reflector therefore lumen content is reduced. i will be making a reflector and removing the ballast out. this will be simple due to the way the light is assembled. if i had four of these in this little space i doubt heat would be a big deal. these little lights are cool!

im really enjoying this little project day by day. really chills me out :D

im uploading pics now

Picture_4062.jpg

Picture_407.jpg

picture_408.jpg

Picture_4091.jpg

Picture_4051.jpg

next is to seal it and make it where no light comes out when it is sealed- my neighbor has some mylar i will be gifted so then i will throw that in and have it just to the floor. the emergency blankets are a pain in the *** so i said forget cutting the excess off at the bottom (since its not even necessary). the emergency blankets are temporary along with the one light. if i can get more of these 70watters for cheep it will work but a 250w with an upgraded bulb would probibly be better for bud density unless i get a few of those others. i need to upgrade this bulb if they even make them for that small of a light?

cleaned the growspace really good and the temps are still mid seventies.... updates as i progress!

Im ordering a new tds/ppm/ph meter and some other goodies like multi timers and some water/air pumps The stuff i did loan out is gone so perfect time to upgrade!!!!!!!!!! and might just go ahead an get some panda film since its easy to work with. already found a few other lights. might get a few more of the 70 watters and hang them verticly all around or i might just get two 150 watters that ive found for cheep.... i might just go ahead and do a dwc or two while im at it so i can get a quicker harvest since time is an issue. we will see! :D

yayayayayayayayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok time for an update- ive got the mylar comming along with some panda film, the new 7 way ph ppm ec tds temp etc etc meter is being shipped (with calibrtation fluid of course) i believe its a hanna?, two 7 day heavy duty 2 way digital timers, 3 150 watt lights, and water pump for my irrigation system im comming up with all will be here in under a week :D

ok i got some more medium, castings, perlite, containers,(for the soil stuff) air pump , tubing, rubbermaid tub, bubble wands, distilled water, and some TAPE SO I CAN FINALLY SEAL THIS BABY UP! :D

nutes and stuff for the hydro ive got to get but i might do like a mini DWC. imma start in a bubbleponics container i will be assembling tonight i hope while i get stoned :)

anyway will have pics as i progress as ive got the carbon filter to make too (got the activated carbon today too) and ive got some four inch ducting somewhere i have to dig up as well.

anyway- wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, another update- i got it sealed up real good for now. the ventilation is working GREAT! got the baby bubbler set up and it will work for now.still have to seal it completely up with tape as i ran out of the good stuff sealing the chamber up. got my ph down, filter material for the DIY carbon filter comming up, and perlite and vermeculite. i will be doing a diy netcup and bubbleponic how to thread but that is up and comming!:D

anyway- pics soon as i toil away.....seeds ordered too! :)

need fart vent duct and another baby fan.

wow the power surged here from lightning but im suprised it didnt effect anything but the comp...

Latest posts

Back