Just a coincidence maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoawhoa

The "rogue" member
Reaction score
I have a seedling that's about four days old, haven't seen any growth since about 2 days ago. The first couple days I heated the water for like 10 seconds in the microwave, cus it was a bit cold (I'm using bottled water, room temperature). I stopped warming it up about 2 days ago, and like I said... no growth for about 2 days now. Do you think this is just a coincidence or what? :)

Room temp is ideal. Just keep the soil built up around the tiny stalks. They should be fine. :yeahthat:

THANK YOU Oscar, now that you mention it the base looks funny.

Keeping the base covered with soil can lead to moisture build up there, and disease, best to keep stalk dry and as open to air as possible. You shouldn't need to water your seedlings more than every couple of days (3-5 depending on container size). Water any more than they need it is a common cause of "damping off" or death of your starts. Water your container then feel how heavy it is. Wait until it is much lighter before watering again. Remember roots need Oxygen, if your soil is continuously wet with standing water, you suffocate your roots, opening them up for root disaeses.

Wow, wish I woulda known that earlier. I've been watering about 2 times a day, and around the stalk.

I'm pretty sure the pot (if you can call it that) stinks too, thin plastic cup with like 2 holes in the bottom. I want to do a transplant but I don't know what I should transplant it in... :cry: So many problems!

On top of all that, I think my grow box stinks too... I found spiders in it last night.

HELP! :eek:

start with making some more holes(8)and clean up your box

Probably gonna make a whole new box... I should probably transplant to a more "durable" cup. This flimsy thing sux... I'd probably kill the plant in the process. Any ideas jash?

if your cup sux then do your transplant now in a 16oz clean cup and keep everthing clean

Any kind of 16 ounce cup?

Also, thanks for the help jash. :D

DUDE, you wouldn't believe how much researching I've been doing, but it seems like all of my problems are in areas I haven't touched. That or it's a problem with my cup... :cry:

I don't want to sound annoying but, I just want to mess up anymore than I already have. :D

whoawhoa said:
WOW :holysheep: , I love you now... that guide has everything I could ever think of on it! :D
:fid::rofl:that was funny whoa..

I wish I could go back to before I bought all of my supplies. I just found the best place to do some shelf growing... I guess I still could but the other stuff would go to waste.

LOL, it was from the heart...

JK! It's more of a brotherly type of love. I don't pack fudge... LMAO!

I eat it... (chocolate fudge, duh...)
jash said:
:fid::rofl:that was funny whoa..

It really is, thanks pez. :D

Enjoy your homemade fudge... its so warm. ( wow... just out of the oven...)

Latest posts

Back