just a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devin420

normal?
Reaction score
My room is 5' tall by 3½ wide and 3½ deep.

I have 2 40 watt CFL's, they're 150 watt equivilents.

They put off 5,200 lumens together and a lil over 1700 lumens a foot.

Im only gonna do 1 or 2 plants.

My dude gave me some worm castings for nutrients. i read they would do good for it.

and im using this white wax-ish paper for reflective. It was free and all i could get ahold of. i CANT paint the walls cause i have a landlord. i did have aluminum foil but i read they can burn the plants.

If you could tell me about how long it would take me to harvest that would help. im guessing around 3 months from what researche ive done. but still give me feed back.

Id also like to know anything good for max yeild. i know of topping but i didnt know if there was any other techniques.

please reply to this and let me know whats up.

Thanks.:)

devin420 said:
My room is 5' tall by 3½ wide and 3½ deep.

I have 2 40 watt CFL's, they're 150 watt equivilents.

They put off 5,200 lumens together and a lil over 1700 lumens a foot.

Im only gonna do 1 or 2 plants.

My dude gave me some worm castings for nutrients. i read they would do good for it.

and im using this white wax-ish paper for reflective. It was free and all i could get ahold of. i CANT paint the walls cause i have a landlord. i did have aluminum foil but i read they can burn the plants.

If you could tell me about how long it would take me to harvest that would help. im guessing around 3 months from what researche ive done. but still give me feed back.

Id also like to know anything good for max yeild. i know of topping but i didnt know if there was any other techniques.

please reply to this and let me know whats up.

Thanks.:)
first off u deff need more light if u want a good yield. go get 2 more of those lights if possible. if not then try to use cardboard or plywood, sumthin to cut ur closet off so it want be so big. deff dont use aluminum foil. u can do sumthin called supercropping, havent done it myself but will prob take a chance on it in the future. heard it is great for maximizing yeild. worm castings are good but go get sum kind a nutrients if u have a hydro store near where u live. also on how long it will take to harvest, if u want a plant with a short flowering period get a plant that is indica dominant. peace and good luck bro

Need a lot more light. Most growers strive for 5000 lumens/sqft.

With the amount of lumens you are now using you will have massive stretch and light and airy buds if you could call them buds.

The idea that using aluminium foil can burn the plants is complete nonsense. It is also against the laws of physics.
If you doubt this try experimenting with a thermometer.

Dude. No.

3.5 feet X 3.5 feet = ~12.5 sq feet
5300 Lumens/ 12.5 sq. feet = 424 lumens per square foot

you need exactly ten times the light you currently have to even see some buds worth the money it took to grow.

Fluorescent = Failure

The light you have will grow a space ~1foot X 1foot X 1foot

leafminer said:
The idea that using aluminium foil can burn the plants is complete nonsense. It is also against the laws of physics.
If you doubt this try experimenting with a thermometer.

What law of physics is this?

LOL--regardless of whether foil will actually burn plants or not is really immaterial. It should not be used because it is a very poor reflector of light.

you will never have any bud worth smokin with that light,

it may veg ok or it may not

but it will never bud properly

Latest posts

Back