Just Broke Pyrex - I'm going to bed :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanfhead

~Natural~
Reaction score
:doh::cry::(:cry::(:cry::(:cry::doh:

Well, just broke my first glass in several years. Man I was doing good, had this one for like 5 years and just chipped the inside of the head out reading a thread here and cleaning it out. Good night all. See you tomorrow.

hanfhead said:
:doh::cry::(:cry::(:cry::(:cry::doh:​

Well, just broke my first glass in several years. Man I was doing good, had this one for like 5 years and just chipped the inside of the head out reading a thread here and cleaning it out. Good night all. See you tomorrow.

There Super Glue..!;)

Superglue won't work, I chipped a little piece out of the bowl head inside by the hole, you can see the little piece in the picture. It took me 20 minutes to get that little piece out. Anyway, woke up and went to buy a new bowl. Here she is, just took the first hit of Bubba Kush through her. Hits like a champ. :bongin:

py.jpg

dont throw it out man. they make all sorts sizes of them glass screens maybe the daisy style glass screen will compensate a smaller hole in ya bowl fron the chunk that broke out. im assumin by wat ya said its a piece next the lil hole in bottom bowl and basically made ya hole bigger,no?
i think a large glass screen daisy style would maybe do it justice.

I hate when that happens, and usually it's when the head shop is closed.
I've even had to make a tin foil bowl in a fix.

I actually got a glass screen and a nice padded Vatra case for free with my new pipe, thanks for the idea. And yea, broke it just before 4:20am- nowhere open. Emergency!

Also a very good friend is an amazing glass blower and has taught me how to blow jars and small pipes. I just saw him this week after years of not. I want to get a torch and learn again.

Here, I will take a pic of a sweet piece he made for me years ago. The carb is on the end, so it is a steamroller. The suns mouth is open and it blows the smoke at you. I rarely use it but it is my favorite.

edit: Oh yeah! check out the sweet mushroom in the marble on the sun!

sun py.jpg

yeah i wouldnt even throw it out
i have a bunch of glass bongs ive had for the last
few years, ive broken alot too. But in my bedroom closet
on the top shelf theres like 10 broken bowls, broken ashcatchers,
different broken pieces. i just hang on to em lol.

I enjoy the experience of going out and buying a new piece, especially bong shopping. I understand they are pricey but nothings better then a brand new bong to be broken in. It's a bummer you broke it but we have all done it before it just seems inevitable sometimes.

As for cleaning them I use hot water to rinse them out get the big resin globs then us 91% iso alcohol, also toothpicks work great when I clean my pipes. I've heard way too many stories of people breaking their pieces scraping them with metal tools plus I always have toothpicks around for debowling.

hanfhead said:
Superglue won't work, I chipped a little piece out of the bowl head inside by the hole, you can see the little piece in the picture. It took me 20 minutes to get that little piece out. Anyway, woke up and went to buy a new bowl. Here she is, just took the first hit of Bubba Kush through her. Hits like a champ. :bongin:

Throw a screen in there and it be able to smoke again..
Hopes isn't gone yet..
If yea have to go buy a sheet of screen make sure it brass or stainless..
I do that all the time Make my own screens for all my Pipes.

thedonofchronic said:
yeah i wouldnt even throw it out
i have a bunch of glass bongs ive had for the last
few years, ive broken alot too. But in my bedroom closet
on the top shelf theres like 10 broken bowls, broken ashcatchers,
different broken pieces. i just hang on to em lol.

I do the same if it broke then I keep it for a nicknack and say to those
I Remember When With this Pipe..;)

All of my broken pipes and bongs go to my friends piranha aquarium... He cleans them out and the fish swim around all the broken pieces... It looks cool, next time Im over there I will take a pic...

I tossed a screen in it and gave it to my dad. He was happy but still said "I thought you guys were gonna get me a new one a long time ago". Greedy sob, lol. <3

Flyinghigh said:
Goood Pipe cleaner I have is Formula 420 for pyrex-glass-metal-ceramic

www.ibc.formula420.com about 12 bucks at a cig store for 12fl.oz.;)

Good pipe cleaner I found is a $1 bottle of 91% alcohol, then use sea salt, it doesnt dissolve in alcohol, it works just as good if not better than formula 420, or anything similar and its a fraction of the cost...

MindzEye said:
All of my broken pipes and bongs go to my friends piranha aquarium... He cleans them out and the fish swim around all the broken pieces... It looks cool, next time Im over there I will take a pic...

When we had a fish tank we would put all our broken pieces in it too- fish love bongs

I use hot tap and high % Iso to fully clean mine out too. When I broke it I was just cashing one out and was lazy and grabbed a small pair of bud scissors I have by my computer. Thanks for all the condolences/advice :bongin: . I like my new piece but the head is a little bit large. Like 2x the size of my old one, I thought it looked the same @ the store. Not that that is a problem:D

The real question is Who smokes there Black reasin from there pipe after cleanning?

Latest posts

Back