Just ordered a Supercabinet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB_In_Fla

Reaction score
I was a bit apprehensive of spending that kind of money in this economic climate (I work land development.....) but after pricing a "build my own" it quickly turned into 20% savings, not $2000 like I was thinking. Heck, bare metal cabinets alone will cost you $300 and up! Anyways, I felt more comfortable buying a kit to learn from and adapt as I grow. Future cabinets will surely be built, but the first time it's nice to learn from someone elses proven design. This here is my backup plan in case I get laid off, I know things will get tight and the first thing to go is, yup, you guessed it BUD. Suddenly when just providing sustenance for your family you find it hard to justify $xxx a month in bud (fill in the blank, my number is larger than I want to admit). Actually, I'll admit it, my cabinet will pay for itself after the first harvest. I smoke the goods usually at $100 per quad and about 2 quads between us a week. Soooo, $800 month bud-bill going away, figure 3 months that's $2400 I'll save so it paid for itself!!! And I don't have to mess around with any dealers.

So what should I expect? Anyone else have one? I saw some pictures on a forum that showed a power strip, carbon filter and other items hanging off the back and some talk of light leak. This was a 2-year old post so I asked Dave on the phone and he said there was ZERO light leak and nothing on the rear but two 6" 90° bends. I can deal with that, I will probably change it to make them flush anyway but better than the picture I saw on rollitup.com. I will post more when I get the thing, sometime before Christmas he said. I got the Deluxe, and really wasn't sure if I should get the superflower. I like the side-by-side, but ultimately decides a 6' cabinet fits in more than a 3.5' cabinet.

I'm like a kid in a candy store, just waiting for my treat to arrive! We'll see

well i cannot helpyou out on building ect ,,,,but :clap: on the new purchase,,:48:

Very professional. What's next, line it with Mylar, install fans, filter, controller, lamps? Thought about what you want to grow? It's great that you'll save $$ but you also get the other benefit, it's your choice of smoke....

is this a verticle type grow cab?? but yeah, start stocking up on mylar, duct tape, fans, etc.

chance favors the prepared mind.

Agreed, I never did understand why they don't include mylar, but alas, it's Christmas time!!! I can get 3-rolls, 25 foot long for $3.99 at sams club ;-) Wrapping paper will do just fine it seems!

I really figure those guys in Cali got the medical thing going so they MUST know what's they're doing. If not, then I guess I shoulda got the cool cab. Homegrown Hydro looked good but best I could tell it was a scam? Either way don't matter, nobody ever answered the phone so my cash went to the left coast!

Yeah, i've seen those things advertised a lot in High Times. Haven't used them myself, but they are supposed to be super efficient. I would be a bit apprehensive myself but, if anything, it will definitely be a good learning experience for you. I have had friends buy these pre-fab boxes, and after seeing how they work, they built their own boxes that were even more efficient! Will this be your first grow? Good luck man! Now you can look forward to smoking your own weed, and no longer pay expensive black market prices!

oltomnoddy: I haven't figured out what I plan to grow yet, funny. Ultimately I would like something "classic" to keep around, skunk #1, NL, black afghan (if I could find it!) or maybe even one of the newer hybrids. Really I don't have super high expectations above satisfying my appetite. Hopefully I'll get primo bud outta it!

Grrrrr..... Was told should be here before Christmas, now between Christmas & New Years... Okay I can deal, let's hope it doesn't turn into the never-ending delay, they already got their money!

the only downpoint i can see with such a purchase is the police,i would hate too get raided and get that taken away lol

Latest posts

Back