Kool Bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokey1

Reaction score
When I purchased my light, in the box was a sample of Kool Bloom. Naturally it says to add so much per gallon of water when blooming your plants. I've read the stickys and didn't see an answer to what I would assume is a fundamental question. How do you add it to the plants? Now let me explain. When I water the plants I usually put lots of water threw them via a hose. So, does one water the plants heavily with water and then pour the KoolBloom in via the gallon jug. When you do that, most if not all of the water just pours out the bottom of the container and onto the drain. Or, do you add some it it in first and then flush with water in order to get full saturation? That doesn't seem to make any sense at all to me. Naturally, one would think it would be best to just pour the KoolBloom into the pot and no other water. The problem there is I'd have tons of jugs (which I don't have) all filled with this mixture. Plus it would use a ton of Kool Bloom. Not to mention all the work. So, guys and girls, what's the correct way to water while using such a product and how much product do you need to pour threw each pot?

you add it to your regular water / nutrient mix. you say you are watering them, are there no nutrients added to the water?

i'm a hydro guy so for me it's easy. i just add the koolbloom to my reservoir.

HI,

Kool Bloom is a decent PK additive but I believe it's intended for use the last few weeks of feeding during flowering... i.e. weeks 5,6 & 7 for an 8 week strain... I've never used the liquid but the powder is supposed to be the same and it's been a while but I remember it stressing the plant a bit... This is from the Gen Hydro website:

Kool Bloom is a very high PK formula, and contains advanced proprietary ingredients too. When I say very high PK, I’m talking 2-45-28. The combined ingredients of Dry Kool Bloom act as a mild stressor, and in a way, it forces the plant to finish. Stress sounds bad for plants, but annuals respond well to stress, and stress is a force that many growers use to their advantage. Dry Kool Bloom definitely gives you an advantage. That means it can seriously burn your plants if you use too much. The best way to feed with it is to pull out your scale and weigh out about 1 gram for every gallon of water. Dry Kool Bloom is a supplement designed for the very end of a plant’s life cycle. Depending on your plants bloom time, this can be the final 1 to 3 weeks before harvest. We recommend to discontinue use 3 to 5 days before you cut down and to do a final flush, but that’s good sense for every crop, all the time. For even greater blooms, use Dry in combination with Liquid Kool Bloom. Start adding Liquid at transition to stimulate the production of flowering nodes. Liquid Kool Bloom contains stress reducing vitamins, to counteract it’s high PK, so while they can both be used at the same time, it’s good to taper off Liquid as you begin to add Dry.
These supplements can be used in conjunction with any of our nutrient lines, so no matter what you feed, hydro or soil, you should really give Dry Kool Bloom a try.

What I've been doing so far is to water them using a hose and a miracle grow feeder. Then you just put the powder into the container and water away. Up to know I had been vegging. Today I went 12-12. The 6 plants are each in about a 3 to 4 gallon pot and are about 2 feet tall. I had been topping them. They are quite busy at this point with many tops, not just one central cola.

I could never use anywhere near the recommended nutrient levels with that stuff. That being said, it worked well for me. I don't use it now b/c it's inorganic. Good Luck.

liquid kool bloom is used during the beginning of 12/12.
powder kool bloom is used during end of 12/12

surreptitious said:
liquid kool bloom is used during the beginning of 12/12.
powder kool bloom is used during end of 12/12

thanx for the info bud... the liquid came out since I went organic many years ago... :hubba:

Latest posts

Back