Koolbloom?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Im almost to the end of my first week of flower. Ive been using GH 3 part flora nutes the entire grow. Im thinking of purchasing some sort of "megabloom" type nutrient additive. Since ive been using GH 3 part, it seems like i should stick with another GH product...seems like they would be more likely to work better together than a tigerbloom or something like that made by a different company. Anyone had any experience with GH KoolBloom?
Peace

KoolBloom works pretty well but I have gone from it to the three part Fox Farms bloom package. The Beastie Blooms in particular seems to have a pretty fair effect on total weight but may add a little time to the cycle also. The Cha-Ching made a noticeable difference in how far the trichs came out on the leaves.
You are wise to be thinking about keeping wit the same company. If you do go with something else go with a lower base nutrient level when you add it. Fox Farms has the ratio on the back for both stand-alone use and use with other nutes.

I use grotek monster bloom from week 3 to week 7 in conjuction with my bloom nutes. I did cut back on my regular nutes when I added the monster bloom

papasoulfart said:
I use grotek monster bloom from week 3 to week 7 in conjuction with my bloom nutes. I did cut back on my regular nutes when I added the monster bloom

You don't need to cut back the normal nutes dude! It is made to compliment other nutes... the "normal" ones also have your micro/macro nutes ur plants need.

Depending on strain sometimes you can get a double or triple dose of monster bloom goin on each week. (this is all based in a hydro/aero environment)

hey guys im using the same combo of nutes for flowering and i'm about to start in a week or so. What would be a safe bet to start of with from each of the nutes flora; micro; bloom; and kool bloom in terms of teaspoons per gallon? plants are about an average of 16" in height and are being growen aeroponically. Also should i slowly introduce the plant to shorter light schedule or can i just flip it right to 12/12? my light schedule is 24/0 right now. one other thing during flowering should i tie the plant to its side to promote more bud growth?

BUDDS said:
hey guys im using the same combo of nutes for flowering and i'm about to start in a week or so. What would be a safe bet to start of with from each of the nutes flora; micro; bloom; and kool bloom in terms of teaspoons per gallon? plants are about an average of 16" in height and are being growen aeroponically. Also should i slowly introduce the plant to shorter light schedule or can i just flip it right to 12/12? my light schedule is 24/0 right now. one other thing during flowering should i tie the plant to its side to promote more bud growth?

At this point in the game your plants should already be having full strength nutes... you'll be doing the same amounts to your plants flowering... just flowering nutes instead of vegging nutes.

I've used koolbloom on 2 different crops. Never really noticed that much of a difference. If you want to stick with GH I recommend Top Max. More expensive, but worth the money.

BUMP

Who here uses KoolBloom and do you really think it works? I have it and use it but have never had a grow without it. Anyone ever done any tests?

GrowinGreen said:
BUMP

Who here uses KoolBloom and do you really think it works? I have it and use it but have never had a grow without it. Anyone ever done any tests?

Exactly I dont trust people when they say I use this booster and it works great!! How do people know it really makes a difference? Or enough of the differece to be worth the cost of the nutrient

I use Koolbloom, I dont think it really helps in making you buds bigger, but it does have what the plant needs in this stage of its life. I think it does benefit bud health.

Well, here goes.....my 2cents on additives.

Crap.

I told you , 2cents.

Here is why. If folks were to concentrate on the basics, like having your PH correct all the time, that alone will maximize uptake for the girls. No other supplements needed.
I have seen a HUGE shift in additives over the last few years. Everyone is looking for the "one" thing to increse yeild and potency. There is no such thing, imo.
There are FAR more important factors that need to be controlled to improve yeild and potency. Ventilation, lumens,strain to name a few.

How I came to this was not easy. I too used pretty much every additive out there.
Then I just ran GH 3 part. Checked PH regulary and made fresh juice every 7 days. Flushed out the last 2 weeks. I hit 9lb's on 4, 1000w. a Little more then gram per watt. No additives or anything. That CONVINCED me that keeping an eye on the overall health of the plant and growing environment is better time ( and money) spent then any additive.

There are MANY tips here on this site that show alot of techniques in Canopy management. That is a HUGE factor in yeild.

I am sure that many will disagree, but from my experience, additives just raise your ppm's to unacceptable levels and give the grower a false sense of "helping" out the plant.

Belive me, if there was a "Magic" additive that incresed yeilds and potency, EVERYONE would be usuing it, but, there is no such thing.

Maybe if you were running one strain for a number of years, then you could determine a specific additive for that strain only, but I still do not think it is needed.

As I said, my 2cents.

:yeahthat:

Marijuana plants grow in the wild and grow healthy with no "boosters" Im using koolbloom right now just because the guy at my local hydro shop gave me a bottle for free.... Nuits are Nuits IMO, unless your using hydro with tubing, then you want somthing that doesnt leave residue in water tubing lines.... Think about it, the less "boosters" you use the more NPK and minor elements you can administer.... Those are the real staples in the life of the plant....

I also use GH 3 part mix as well as liquid Kool Bloom. Unfortunately I have never really done any side-by-side comparison tests but I believe it is beneficial to getting more fluffy bud sites while the powder Kool Bloom product at the end of the flowering cycle before flushing is to make them more dense.

I generally use about 50-70% less of what the manufacture recommends. If you haven't read the back of your bottles of General Hydroponics: FloraGrow, FloraMirco and FloraBloom below is what they recommend.

Quantity of each are based on 1 teaspoon per gallon

Cuttings, seedlings: 1/4 Grow; 1/4 Mirco; 1/4 Bloom
General Purpose: 1 Grow; 1 Micro; 1 Bloom
Vegetative Growth: 3 Grow; 2 Micro; 1 Bloom
Transition to Bloom: 2 Grow; 2 Micro; 2 Bloom
Blooming Ripening: 1 Grow; 2 Micro; 3 Bloom

Kool Bloom: 1 teaspoon per gallon of the Kool Bloom up till flush or harvest.

Again I use much less then what is recommended.

lolerz

You all pretty much have no idea what koolbloom is. It has nothing to do with gerth, which is the main topic of discussion here. Koolbloom is meant to increase density and also essential oil production.

Monsterbloom, big bid, ca ching and other such additives are meant for gerth.

Be aware that in any strain, if you compare gerth versus quality. Usualy if one has a strong point then the other will be weak. For example, the big bed strain (commonly known as beasties) is really low in potency. On the other side of the spectrum is kush. Super dense and really potent, however the amount of buds yeilded are far less then a big bid crop.

As previously mentionned paying attention to the health of the plant should be paramount. Second, since this is hydropnics, and is a science, You should know your strain (@ least 3-4 crops) in order to experiment and try to make things better. After all if you have no base to start from then you wouldn't even know what is being done better, if anything is. Third is I would start with a quality strain and then try to increase it's size.

We use as base nutes: Advanced nutrients
Essential Oil: Koolbloom
Gerth: monsterbloom + big bud
Vitamins: Superthrive
Hydrogen: H2o2
Sweetner: none currently

I have a pretty good idea of what koolbloom is I dont think general Hydroponics keeps it a huge secret as to what thier product is...

However I have no clue what "LOLERZ" is, sounds like somthing the kids now would say, you know the kids that dress like they are from the eighties but werent born yet.... You know the dudes with skin tight pants and blue hair that everyone questions thier sexuality...

i agree with norcalhal,the small things mean more to me.having the ph dead on is the utmost important thing to me also.i too make sure my ph is on and i change out weekly.i also use the gh 3 part after using the lucas formula on other grows.works for me.jmo

White Widow said:
lolerz

You all pretty much have no idea what koolbloom is. It has nothing to do with gerth, which is the main topic of discussion here. Koolbloom is meant to increase density and also essential oil production.

I think you are the one who has no understanding of what you are adding to your res bud.

From the GH site on thier product KoolBloom :
GeneralHydropoincs said:
Encourages abundant flowering.
• Facilitates ripening in annuals.
• Boosts production of essential oils and fragrances.
• Increases size and weight of fruits and flowers.
• Precisely formulated to boost potency and enhance the performance of all types of nutrients.

Dry KoolBloom is packed with the potency your plants prefer in the final stages of flowering for raging weight gain and ripening to perfection. The ingredients that make Dry KoolBloom unique will make your fruits swell, while exponentially increasing the production of essential oils and floral fragrance.

White Widow said:
Be aware that in any strain, if you compare gerth versus quality. Usualy if one has a strong point then the other will be weak. For example, the big bed strain (commonly known as beasties) is really low in potency. On the other side of the spectrum is kush. Super dense and really potent, however the amount of buds yeilded are far less then a big bid crop.

Beasters......now I see why you add everything and anything.
And your statement about Kush shows your knowledge of strains and growing techniques is limited.

My turn....lolerz!

Latest posts

Back