Kurt Cobain's Bong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your brother found it at his house behind a water heater, but he wanted you to have it? Come on
When we were kids, my brother painted a rock red and told me it was from Mars, and I believed him. Just because I believed it does not mean it was true. I'm not trying to pick on ya, you just remind me of that guy in half-baked who was convinced he had Jerry Garcia's ashes around his kneck.

Even if it did come from his home then you took something that A. either belonged to the new owners, or B. rightfully belongs to his estate.

Why would you want to idolize that guy anyway? He was without a doubt, a talented and influential songwriter, but he was also a selfish sod that left his kid without a father by taking the easy way out because gosh fame and money are so tough.

Again sorry if it seems like I am raining on your parade and if it makes you happy then uber cool, just playing devil's advocate.

I got chongs bong.....well I think its his but I have yet to get him identified in a lineup w it. :p

chongnnugg.jpg

If it is his, man i would take care of it. cool story of the bong save no matter whos it is in my opinion.

Great find. Definitely treasure it. Its truly a priceless piece. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

mojosat said:
Again sorry if it seems like I am raining on your parade and if it makes you happy then uber cool, just playing devil's advocate.

My brother was demoing the house taking crap to the dump. The place was vacated. My brother doesn't smoke and definately wasn't lying and before he decided to just toss it thought I would like to have it. I don't idolize the fact that he shot himself in the head of course and agree it was a dumb thing to do.

I am a musician, appreciate some of his music and also understood he suffered from chronic pain such as I do we also have that in common. You actually think the estate would even want this thing? I really doubt it. I am not going to feel guilty one bit about it. I will probably donate it to a museum some day or give it back to the family if they want it. I am not interested in trying to make money or create some kind of fame from it. Just havin a little show and tell fun. It's not like I wake up every morning and have a meditation session with it. I bring it out and look at it a few times a year. No need to make a negative vibe out of it unless you just cant help yourself and enjoy being the devil's advocate and if that makes you happy well UBER COOL :D

Cheers

freerein said:
I just joined so I thought I'd share this story and a photo and get to know the community here a little more.

Kurt Cobain's Bong?

I have it. My brother found it at his house and gave it to me. He was doing some work there and found behind the waterheater. I was offered alot of money for it but just couldn't sell it. I consider it priceless. There is a little glass thing on the side that has a picture of Peppe' le Pew sp? on it. I have never tried to smoke thru it and it is more of a conversation piece then a smoking device. I am going to put it in a display box with a light someday.

Here is the photos

Cheers

I am friends with some of Kurts cousins but thats as close as I have came. That and I was in the same Juvenile detention center that Courtney Love was in in Eugene Oregon (Angry Kid). His cousins used to live in Springfield Oregon but have grown up and we have lost touch. Thanks for sharing.

Stunzeed..

i wish i had his bong.... but then my friends would never believe me.

If i told hick i had kurts bong he wouldnt believe me either so its cool dood.

take care of it man :D

I had Cindy's bong for a while.
Cindy was'nt anybody famous but I just loved her like crazy-but it was'nt to be....
I guess cindy left it in her apartment when she moved out.Then I moved into her apartment cause it was smaller than the one I had and I found that bluish green acrylic JoBong sitting in the corner of the closet.
I cleaned it up good-then dirtied it up good-it worked fine.
Sometime later I got a hold of Cindy(can't remember how) and gracefully and inconspiculously snuck it back to her at her parents house(was I daring or what?!)
It's been years and I still remember most of it.
I was probably excited then as freerein is now.
Cheers,
Geez.

WOW Forgot all about this post. Kurt's Bong is still safe with me and it's been hidden away for the last decade. Trying to decide what to do with it. Not interested in fame or fortune because it would disrespect what Kurt was all about. Still need to build a safe display case, I have it out on display in my room where no one is going to knock it over.

Latest posts

Back