Landlord came over!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growbuddy

SEVENTEEN
Reaction score
Hello Friends, So our landlord sent a repair man over to fix our toilet which is inconveniently located near my grow room. He seemed pretty cool but as he left he said that he "hopes his boss doesn't ask why his coat smelled like a pot field." I am sure that he did not see anything that is related to growing the herb but he may have smelt it.

My question is what can happen next? He obviously is going to report back to our landlord about what was wrong with the toilets and he may say something about the smell. If he does, what further action will he probably take? I hope he would call and just say if we have anything bad, to get it out. But what is he calls the police? Will they raid a house just on the hearsay of the repair man? If so, how much time would it take to do so?

Thanks MP users!

listen Growbuddy!

he made a comment about smelling like a pot field. He is not stupid and in my opinion you going to get caught now. Shut it down my friend shut it down! I could go on for hours explaining why but you might not even have that much time depending on when this happened.

Cheers!!!

Don't think a LEO needs a warrant if they can smell the stuff.

Well they do still need a warrant but the smell gives them the grounds for one!

Im telling now friend tare it down!!!!

cheers!!!!

wow....yeah dude most definatley shut down shop....and remove all evidence of everything....they prolly are gonna stake you out for a bit....make sure you dont throw nothing in the trash....use a garbage disposal of your newly fixed toilet to remove the evidence...good luck....

Times like this i like to play the 'worst case scenario' game:

If you decide to be on the safe side and dismantle your grow..
Worst case scenario is:
You'll have to clean it all up and buy bagweed for a few months while you wait and see what happens.

If you decide to ignore it and hope for the best..
Worst case scenario is:
The landlord calls cops and you spend every dollar and emotion you have trying to fight the charges, while looking for another place to live, etc etc..

It's not to say anything WILL happen but if he made that remark then he obviously DID smell it and has no problems making light of it. In fact, after a comment like that i'd suspect that the least he'd do is tell his buddies. It's a very humorous story to a repair guy.

Probably nothing will happen, but is it worth the risk? Weigh it all out and be clear and honest with yourself about the risk vs. benefits.
Good luck!!

I would hope with your lack of response to our replies u are busy stuffing evidence down your dogs neck as well as your cats. thats a good thing keep working!!! You might just be able to geter down.

Good Luck and learn from your mistakes. If you knew your toilet was busted and you called the landlord to have it fixed its my opinion you should have made the appropriate changes in your apartment to keep yourself safe. No disrespect friend but maybe groing mj is not a sport you should participate in.

Sorry but I have to be honest hear I would hate to see you in jail.

Cheers!!!

Thanks Friends,
Well this is very unfortunate but I am going to heed all you your advice and get rid of everything. I am extremely dismayed but also confident I am making the correct move.

It just occurred this morning and all evidence will be gone by this evening.
VB, I am sure you can only smell it right next the the room, so no outside smell could cause an immediate warrant.

I need to get stoned and get over the loss of a few plants. :/

Good move GD!

Stay safe and stay FREE! Its not worth it my friend.

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
If you knew your toilet was busted and you called the landlord to have it fixed its my opinion you should have made the appropriate changes in your apartment to keep yourself safe. No disrespect friend but maybe groing mj is not a sport you should participate in.

I realize that I called about the toilet to have it repaired and brought them here, to my house. The reason I HAD to call them was because we had a $475 water bill because of the leaky toilet and I would have had to pay the full amount if I did not report the problem.

As I said Growbuddy no disrespect here!
But my point is still valid, you called, you knew they were coming, you should have moved it and freshened the place up so you wouldnt be in the position your in now.

Cheers!!!

Also. It might be a good idea to clean up your computer. Did you take any pics of your grow?

Another valid point!
They will sieze everything they feel can strengthen there case against you.
See what happens people when expose yourself either buy telling or showing you cause yourself so much grief and much more problems.

cheers!!!

Once again I will say "TELL NO ONE"

just my own two cents worth here....
He seemed pretty cool but as he left he said that he "hopes his boss doesn't ask why his coat smelled like a pot field."
. this sounds to me like he was not going to say anything to anyone unless put in the situation of being asked or confronted about smelling like it. i would not blame him then for saving his own hide. i do also believe that you did the right thing by cleaning it all up. better to err on the safe side sometimes. good luck in the future. dont make any decisions or choices based on my 2 cents. happy growing.... next time :(.

If your renting,,you should never grow near an area in your house that might need repairs by the Landlord.;)

Second line of defense: save money and buy a house.;)

growbuddy said:
I realize that I called about the toilet to have it repaired and brought them here, to my house. The reason I HAD to call them was because we had a $475 water bill because of the leaky toilet and I would have had to pay the full amount if I did not report the problem.
After the fact of course - but you could have turned to water to the toilet off. Even if it was your only toilet, you could have turned it off between flushings till you figured out a way to move the plants to a safe place.... next time, OK?

Fixing a toilet is a 1/2 hour do-it-yourself job. A lot of landlords will deduct the amounts of the repair from your rent.

Latest posts

Back