Landlord house inspection OMG..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delta9

Psychonaut
Reaction score
We rent our house and up until a few months ago we had the coolest landlord.
She did'nt believe in flat inspections and never bothered us.

Now our house has been sold and the new landlord is coming to inspect..

I have six plants in our spare room in a 3x3x6 foot tent.
They are six weeks into veg..

So as you can imagine I am tearing my hair out for a solution.
Obviously I will have to break down my whole setup temporarily..

I guess I will have to bag them up and relocate them temporarily..possibly in my attic..maybe I will have to induce flowering earlier than I planned with 36 or 24 hour dark period prior to 12/12..

Would it stress the plants too much to bag them up for 24 hours and then reinstate them into veg?

never grow MJ illegally when ur renting, no matter how cool landlord is. bottom line is u don't own and anyone can come in for any reason almost anytime granted they give u notice first, but ur still gon have to let someone in at some point, and u may or may not be able to make arrangements wit said occurences in accordance with ur grow like if u owned and could put it off til later when gorws done or put away or locked up etc...

but baggin em up? idk if thet'd be wise. they still need air to breathe. dependin on how noid u really are or concened for security etc, but to be safest if was me , id take as many cutting from each as I possible could and put em in a glass of water and when dudes come over to inspect just put the cups in fridge or inside a emty beer box or something even to hide em. cuttings wont die in a bag cut off from air like mature plants would IMO. and after they gon u can proceed to rootin them and start over. that's jsu seems to be simplest way to still be able to carry on the same plants while not havin to deal with the full large mature planst when comes to runnin out down the street or whatever to ditch em all.
pull up the plants go buy some clearance out flowers or plants form nursery and put em in the old pots the day befor ethey comin by so they still look alive the next day and wont have to worry botu explainin the growin equip setup anyway. less hassle there too.
good luck

never grow MJ illegally when ur renting, no matter how cool landlord is. bottom line is u don't own and anyone can come in for any reason almost anytime granted they give u notice first, but ur still gon have to let someone in at some point, and u may or may not be able to make arrangements wit said occurences in accordance with ur grow like if u owned and could put it off til later when gorws done or put away or locked up etc...

but baggin em up? idk if thet'd be wise. they still need air to breathe. dependin on how noid u really are or concened for security etc, but to be safest if was me , id take as many cutting from each as I possible could and put em in a glass of water and when dudes come over to inspect just put the cups in fridge or inside a emty beer box or something even to hide em. cuttings wont die in a bag cut off from air like mature plants would IMO. and after they gon u can proceed to rootin them and start over. that's jsu seems to be simplest way to still be able to carry on the same plants while not havin to deal with the full large mature planst when comes to runnin out down the street or whatever to ditch em all.
pull up the plants go buy some clearance out flowers or plants form nursery and put em in the old pots the day befor ethey comin by so they still look alive the next day and wont have to worry botu explainin the growin equip setup anyway. less hassle there too.
good luck

Yeah thanks for the reply-Unfortunately for me I probably won't be able to afford to own my own house in this lifetime. So for now..needs must. I need weed and therefore must grow. These perils exist whether you rent or own. Everyone has nosy neighbours and unwanted visitors on occassion.
In my case I have the perfect stealth setup- no noise or smells-you would never know the grow room was there ordinarily ..Its only obvious if someone sticks their head into my spare room and normally we don't have visitors poking around our bedrooms.
Your option of taking cuttings is a good one, I may consider it.
When I say bag em up I don't mean cut of their air supply entirely. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Its just a way to transport them was what I was thinking..without fear of loose branches getting broken off.
What a hassle..the landlord will only probably look around the place for 5 minutes so maybe if I stash the plants in the attic and hide the gear I might get away with it.. At least I have a few days notice to nut it out.

Put them in the trunk of your car? Make popcorn or fried onions to hide any smell... Don't put them in bags, They can just lay down somewhere.... Good luck man.

Thanks Multi. Agreed-it is far from an ideal situation.

I was going to do the 36 hr darkness before 12/12 switch anyway, I guess I will take this opportunity and go dark a little earlier than planned-try to make the best out of a bad situation.

You don't have to flip them , just put them back into veg.

Why is this going to be 36 hours? I am an old lady, have 2 grow spaces set up and I could get 6 plants to "someplace safe", tear down my grow spaces, and have everything looking normal in a matter of hours. The landlord visits and the reverse would only take a couple of hours. As a side note, I am curiolus why you are going to put your plants in a dark period before going to flowering anyway? This seems like it would cause excessive stretch with no real benefit?

If you put the plants in bags, you will have to keep the tops open--they do have to breath and they do transpire. I wouldn't recommend the attic unless you are having exceptionally cool weather. When it is 80 outdoors, the attic can and generally is over 100 degrees. However, I see no reason that you should not be able to pull this off with no hitches. As multi said, the plants might be a bit disheveled (another reason not to rush to flowering), but they should be fine. They really are quite resilient while in veg.

are you confident nothing is going to change with the new landlord?
suck to get halfway through bloom and find he wants to pop by again (or worse yet; wants you out so he can move in)

i'd say toss em outside, but NZ = New Zealand?.. i think it's winter now? :(

gonna have to think long and hard (and ask many questions when he arrives) to see if it's going to be worth it to even try to continue.
i wish you the best of luck though, hopefully he's just looking for an income property and not a house.

had a friend do this.

Rent or borrow a van and put everything in there.

I had a similar problem and I stacked boxes in the room up to the ceiling, all around the plants. I told him it was stuff I had not unpacked yet that I pulled from my storage area. He walked right through and didn't think anything of it (other than that I am some kind of pack rat with way too much stuff. LOL)

I had a similar problem and I stacked boxes in the room up to the ceiling, all around the plants. I told him it was stuff I had not unpacked yet that I pulled from my storage area. He walked right through and didn't think anything of it (other than that I am some kind of pack rat with way too much stuff. LOL)

I like that idea Hackerman- my concern though would be that without the fan going the smell would be a dead giveaway..Hence my plan to stash the plants in my attic space. But I think I will take a similar approach to you and stack boxes around my tent rather than break the whole thing down. Also inside the tent would seem a good place to stash all the ducting and gear. Glad to hear you got away with it man.

are you confident nothing is going to change with the new landlord?
suck to get halfway through bloom and find he wants to pop by again (or worse yet; wants you out so he can move in)

i'd say toss em outside, but NZ = New Zealand?.. i think it's winter now? :(

gonna have to think long and hard (and ask many questions when he arrives) to see if it's going to be worth it to even try to continue.
i wish you the best of luck though, hopefully he's just looking for an income property and not a house.

That is a concern for me kaotik- at least in my case my tenancy agreement states he needs to give six months notice before kicking me out which is plenty of time to get this grow out of the way and after we meet I will have a better handle on his plans. Luckily also he lives in another city so isn't likely he will pop over regularly.
Yeah it's winter here now- snow is predicted for this weekend too!! So outside really ain't an option unfortunately-also the whole reason I got into the indoor thing in the first place was I got my outside grow ripped off two weeks before harvest earlier this year! Thanks for the vote of luck! I am going to need it ha

Dang, best of luck Delta. I'm sure with the advanced notice you'll have plenty of time to sort it out

Put them in the trunk of your car? Make popcorn or fried onions to hide any smell... Don't put them in bags, They can just lay down somewhere.... Good luck man.

thanks Rose-hey throwing them in the trunk is a great idea-but i have a station wagon so they would be exposed...I may be able to borrow a car though so maybe I will try that option if I can. Thanks a lot I need all the luck I can get!:)

Latest posts

Back