Landlord house inspection OMG..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, best of luck Delta. I'm sure with the advanced notice you'll have plenty of time to sort it out

Thanks Ston - yeah I have worked past the initial panic now LOL .
I will find a solution... Thanks everybody for your support!

:ccc:
Why is this going to be 36 hours? I am an old lady, have 2 grow spaces set up and I could get 6 plants to "someplace safe", tear down my grow spaces, and have everything looking normal in a matter of hours. The landlord visits and the reverse would only take a couple of hours. As a side note, I am curiolus why you are going to put your plants in a dark period before going to flowering anyway? This seems like it would cause excessive stretch with no real benefit?

If you put the plants in bags, you will have to keep the tops open--they do have to breath and they do transpire. I wouldn't recommend the attic unless you are having exceptionally cool weather. When it is 80 outdoors, the attic can and generally is over 100 degrees. However, I see no reason that you should not be able to pull this off with no hitches. As multi said, the plants might be a bit disheveled (another reason not to rush to flowering), but they should be fine. They really are quite resilient while in veg.

The reason for the 36 hours HG: There are theories that a dark period prior to switch can in some cases reduce flowering time. At least, that is the idea that appealed to me. not guaranteed to work with all strains of MJ -but somewhere I read it sends signals to the plants of 'imminent death' and supposedly the plant starts processing sugars at a faster rate..metabolizing..it's basically a kickstart to blooming..or something.. man im blazed....ha

No worries about high attic temps here HG.. Snow is forecast this evening..:)

Sounds like you need to stash them somewhere inaccessible to the new landlord or even another "friendly" place where you can keep them for a day or even just a few hours.

We use to move plants from one grow to another (good 30 min. ride, one place vegged, the other bloomed) and we bagged them in the heavy duty glad garbage bags, layed them on their sides and never had a problem. Of course I wouldn't recommend doing that...but never had even one brush with LEO. Obey the laws, don't speed, and make sure all your running lights are working.

They're tough, especially if they're almost ready to flower.

And the only thing a Dark Period will cause is excessive stretch which makes them a bear to deal with later in bloom.

We have had to stash a lot of huge plants back in the day. Moved 55, 5gal big plants into a moving truck rental. Was like $130 bucks to rent the truck, little gas. Easy fix there. We ran a ext cord into the truck and had some fluorescents plug in for no dark period. A rental truck is easy to load in and out of. It's your property too, so you can have it for any number of reasons.

Latest posts

Back