landlord stoping by

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb3159

Reaction score
Ok, i am growing in a stealth cabinet in my bedroom. It makes a little sound with all the fans and everything. My landlord is coming by to spray for bugs during the day when the cabinet is on. Would it be a bad idea to turn it off for half a day? It would only receive 6-4 hours of light for that one day and then i would resume 12/12.

If it's already flowering, it should only cause some stress, so you risk making a hermie out of her. I think it'll be fine for one day. (anyone else?)

Can't possibly shuv it in your car for an afternoon? You'd only need a 120 volt adapter. Or park somewhere near a plug, and bring an extension cord or three.

I wouldn't want it anywhere near bugspray!

cant take it to the car, i say stealth because it looks like a file cabinet, a 6x3x2 file cabinet. I think if i put a fan on top of it will mask the sound though. I would just feel a little better if it wasnt running when they come by.

If you have no light leaks, I would just set a fan on top of it and leave it on if at all possible. It shouldn't take too long for them to spray for bugs, so you could just turn it off right before they come in and then turn it right back on when they leave.

Are you not going to be there when the landlord comes? Do you have a lock on your cab? I think I would be a bit nervous to have someone in my house or apartment if I wasn't there to keep an eye on them. What if he says, "Uh, KB left the fan on when he isn't here. I think I'll do him a favor and turn it off." And then he still hears something running... If it was me, I wouldn't worry about the remote chance of a hermie just because it is going to get one short day. I'd turn everything off and remove any power cords going to that cab. Ya know, when they spray for bugs, they look behind things and in every nook and cranny -- at least if they do it right. If he sees a couple of extension cords running in to a file cabinet, he's really going to think something is weird. I'd just shut it all down for the time he's going to be there. Sorry if this sounds overly paranoid -- I just would want to be very careful if this was my grow.

Ya agree with ya 100%. Thats what i did, i hid everything and had a good friend stay at my place while i had to work. Everything worked out good. Its better to grow a hermie than end up in the big house for growing sensimelia!

That's cool. Always better safe than sorry. And your chances of getting a hermie with only one light cycle interruption is pretty remote. At least you have a landlord who notifies you when he is going to come in to do something. Lots of folks post here about what happened when a landlord didn't give the proper notice and just came in anyway.

its times like this i'm glad my landlord has only been over twice in a year and a half that we've lived here.... (both times to mowe the lawn and then he left :) )

You landlord mows your lawn??? Jesus, I'd like to find a landlord like that.

If I had seen this post earlier I would have suggested opting out of the bugspray thing altogether. Whenever my landlord sprays he always lets me know two weeks in advance and asks if I'd like him to come do it or whether or not I'd like to do it myself.

Glad it all worked out though.

the people that work for my apartment complex come in all the dam time it im so paranoid at all times i did change out my bedroom door lock and did not give them a copy and if your their and you do get cought the landlord cant arrest you so just keep that in mind you still have time to dispose of it

Yeah, he can still dispose of it but he will still probably be out on his ***! LOL!

~Metalchick

Latest posts

Back