Last minute prep on green thumb aspect. Much appreciate if you could help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgjscdhl

Reaction score
Now I've gotten my first seeds I'm in last stages of planning and construction - A Stealth Rubbermaid micro-grow.
Received 5x (fem) ak48 from attitude, and 3x free (fem) kush (various), 1x (fem) s lemon haze
Waiting for 5x (fem) papaya from nirvana. I bought from two because I had a few extra $$ and wanted to ensure delivery.
I realize feminized as bastardized seeds, but newbie friendly. Later, with extra space and knowledge I plan on clones.
They all looked healthy, none cracked or discollored. I put them in a tightvac solid container with dessicants.

Seeds:

What relative humidity and/or temperature for seed storage (without using freezer)? Is there optimum range? Any tricks to keeping it?

Germination / seedling stage:

I plan on popping the seeds with paper towel, plates. Once they sprout should I go immediately to soil, or can I use peat blocks?
I don't know if they are called something specific but they are "jiffy" brand name. They are circular disks that swell with water.

Lights:

I'm using cfl, I have several 42w 27000,65000 for all stages of growth. During seedling/sprouting is it really necessary to run them all or can I half wattage/lumens? Maybee keep them closer to the soil for same effect?

Soil / nutrients:

To make a long story short here. I want to use soiless since it seems easiest. Peatmoss, vermiculite, perlite mix. I'm not fussy about organic/non/guanoo.... I just want a successful grow, learning experience I can build upon. I read foxfarms chart for soil mixes. It seems idiotproof to me. If I bought according to hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf should I need anything else besides ph adjusters?
What about b1 for seedlings? I've read and seen a few videos mentioning it... Waste of time or worthwhile?

(comments, flames, suggestions hatemail are always welcome)
First I greatly appreciate the people and resources this site has given me. Some information isn't direct or entirely there. I'm sorry if they are stupid questions but I'm also a very careful person, I have limited funds and want a successful first time grow. I hope it shows I've read up on these things I just want clarafication on them. Like seeds. I want to make sure they are viable later down road but I cannot find a temp/humidity reading, just storage in dark and dessicants/rice.

I will be housesitting for a bit. Before I use his computer I need to make sure I clear tracks and such or hide his ip address

Thanks
mgjscdhl

a micro grow just doesnt seem worth the hassle to me but give it a shot buddy!

and do not link to this site again. Please change your link asap

bluealein56 said:
and do not link to this site again.

Easy bro.

OP. Sounds like you have a plan. I luv peat pellets. I soaked once in the start and usually once in 4 days, lightly misted twice daily with Olivias, heat pad and dome on concrete floor. I dont use CFL's, but IDk, prob not gonna change your mind about HID's, so do it. Put it together, throw some pics up and we can go from there.

Why are you using someone elses CPU? Hope your gonna do this safe? You have no idea how much trouble you can get in, be safe.

Ph water to 6.5, no B1.

micro grow is all I can do for now lol
If I can at least grow out 2-3 plants this method I'll be confident, and have enough money saved up, to try a fullsize grow.

Unfortunately cfl are cheap, easy and I don't mind it much. I know benefits of hids but its just easier to use some things I can get locally. Thats part of the reason.

It was one of the videos I've seen. Said a vitamin b1 helps roots or something like that. But perhaps thats one growers thing.

Yeah. Well, I need to "babysit" a hyperactive dog and the house for two weeks. I'll probably install tor/validia, or use a proxy. Never been legal problems because of it but some of my family has freaked out over me smoking. I could tell you a funny story but perhaps not the right forum for this lol

Latest posts

Back