Leary about signing up for State Medical Marijuana Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know something funny? Funny peculiar not haha:

When I found out a bud of mine who had a dinged helmet was convinced by his VA "helper" to get a card -- and had all his guns and edged weapons confiscated when the Goon Squad came and searched his house...

...My reaction was not fear -- it was hurt. I felt violated, somehow. I bought my first gun in the 1950's. I served my country as a volunteer. And in one instant, the satisfaction of having given part of my life and bod to America evaporated into semi-shame.

The 2nd Amendment is a faint shadow of what it was when I was young. You could buy pistols by mail from Popular Mechanics. You could carry a rifle to school. There was a shooting team in school.
BINGO! That's it....sad. Very sad. That is exactly what it is. Agree all the way around.

Hurt, that's the feeling as well. Then, well, anger I guess. I still have hope the tide will turn hard. That's just the way I'm wired.

Bubba

Roster, In Colorado when weed became Recreational legal you can buy Rec weed without a license and not register with the state. Therefore the state has no idea about you and weed. If you get a med license you have to register and now the state has paper work on you. So, we have two types of dispensaries Rec and Med. I have heard the Med products are stronger in THC content but I don't go to either.

To answer your question if you already have a gun it won't stop you from getting a med license but once you get a med license you are now registered with the state and a background check will stop you from legally buying a gun of any kind. I tried and was denied. I am sure the state now has a record of me trying to buy a fire arm illegally.

The Army taught me how to used every weapon and Infantry man has at his disposal now the country I served for won't let me use or own one.

Roster, In Colorado when weed became Recreational legal you can buy Rec weed without a license and not register with the state. Therefore the state has no idea about you and weed. If you get a med license you have to register and now the state has paper work on you. So, we have two types of dispensaries Rec and Med. I have heard the Med products are stronger in THC content but I don't go to either.

To answer your question if you already have a gun it won't stop you from getting a med license but once you get a med license you are now registered with the state and a background check will stop you from legally buying a gun of any kind. I tried and was denied. I am sure the state now has a record of me trying to buy a fire arm illegally.

The Army taught me how to used every weapon and Infantry man has at his disposal now the country I served for won't let me use or own one.

Wow. That is indeed sad. Pray for this Country, stand up for what's right and remember, those that would give up freedoms for a little ( albeit fictional ) safety deserve neither.

Bubba

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above is the reason I absolutely must depend on the generosity of the folks here.

I know a lot of people really do not know -- or have trouble even conceiving -- how hard the US Gummint clamps down on ex-GI's. And double-clampdown if you are an ex-GI with a dinged helmet.

If I was innocent enough to just get a card, not only would I have to give up several thousand dollars worth of weapons, but I would be legally acquiescing to have my house searched at any time.

TINS, Pilgrims.

Like we useta say: There It Is.
That has not happened here, phew. I knew/known some guys coming back from the sand box that NO, they should not have weapons. Last year a local Vet frustrated, young guy, took his life right in front of the V.A. center. We deserve better treatment and treatments. This new admin could give a crap about us but weren't we talking about pot??

That is awful. I wasn't aware of that. Something they do not talk about is how quickly you can become unstoned or straight when needed. It is not like drinking or pharmaceuticals.

That is awful. I wasn't aware of that. Something they do not talk about is how quickly you can become unstoned or straight when needed. It is not like drinking or pharmaceuticals.

sharonp -- Please pass @pute 's straight-arrow information as far and wide as you can to ex-GI's.

The OBSCENE FACT is the government that taught you how to use a weapon, sent you to a foreign land to use it (which you did in action against our enemies), and then turned you loose as a civilian -- now forbids you to touch your own weapons.

If you got shot or otherwise dinged, the gov't essentially puts an APB out on you. They will search your house and confiscate what they want. Literally, what they want. The ex-GI has no recourse. At all.

I was warned just in fargin time by a GI who got shit for breakfast for the rest of his life.

His crime? He served his country and was badly wounded. When "they" came to "inspect and confiscate" his trust in his country was violated completely. He was treated as a criminal.

Pass this on.

It is one of the very few things I never joke about in the slightest.

I live in Texas. Have no idea how that works and really don't care to find out. Government always fks shit up.
Me too, even tho I live in a legal state, I shy away from letting anyone know I smoke weed or might even need it. Don’t need the state folks showing up at my door for weapons or anything else they want to pry into my life with. Don’t want to be on anyones list either. The pot shops look cool tho and I would like to at least visit one to see why they’ve got going on in there…

Agreed. Over 30 yrs seeing domestic violence dockets, alcohol figures in about as close as you can get to 100%! Weed? usually watching TV or relaxing, it just does not promote violence from what I've seen.

And if they did have significant THC, I'll bet there was a buttload of alcohol and or meth.

Bubba
Or more likely prescription anti-depressants but they don’t check for that…

I live in Texas. Have no idea how that works and really don't care to find out. Government always fks shit up.
I had my doctors note to get a card back in 2012 but never applied due to owning firearms. I’ve not heard of anyone being pinched for having a card and an LTC but I could see that as a possibility back then and see it as a greater possibility today.

I had my doctors note to get a card back in 2012 but never applied due to owning firearms. I’ve not heard of anyone being pinched for having a card and an LTC but I could see that as a possibility back then and see it as a greater possibility today.
I have. Lady with carry concealed instructor. Told him about card. Denied. My state has Constitutional carry, but the permit works in about 30 states.

Bubba

I have. Lady with carry concealed instructor. Told him about card. Denied. My state has Constitutional carry, but the permit works in about 30 states.

Bubba
I meant arrested. The denying of firearm purchases is rampant unless you are a ‘Hunter’ if you know what I mean.

I just moved from MD to NC. It sucks I was able to get my medicine (Cannabis) but now I'm just screwed. NC hasn't passed the law yet.

I live in Texas and I think California sucks. And so does all the Californians moving here.
Texas has a new population growth. All coming from California. Can't afford the taxes and got tired of stepping over shit from the homeless and needles from the drug addicts.

I live in Texas and I think California sucks. And so does all the Californians moving here.
Texas has a new population growth. All coming from California. Can't afford the taxes and got tired of stepping over shit from the homeless and needles from the drug addicts.
Texas needs to protect two borders now.

I fear it may turnTexas politically. Say it ain't so!

Latest posts

Back