Leaves yellowing and drooping..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd venture to guess that you food was a little on the low side which caused your plant to draw from it's self for food in the end here. At 9 weeks, and judging by your leaves I'd say you have an indica leaning plant which in most cases finish in the 10 week range.

I think all you are seeing is what the Internet seems to call fade. Personally I call it starvation, but to each their own.

I'd get a pair of of scissors ready to go.
:farm:

No way, dude. I fed them too much if anything.

Pretty flowers Buddog. That is definitely what you want them to do normally. :)

Pretty flowers Buddog. That is definitely what you want them to do normally. :)

Well, 2/5 of my plants is almost completely yellow.

Should I harvest before they get to 100% yellow or after?

Leaves have nothing to do about timing your harvest. Leaf color tells you if your out of nutrition. The only way to know when your plants are ready is to check the trichomes.

Leaves have nothing to do about timing your harvest. Leaf color tells you if your out of nutrition. The only way to know when your plants are ready is to check the trichomes.

But everyone's been telling me that yellowing leaves are a sign that the plant is naturally dying, i.e. time to harvest.

The trichomes have not changed in the past 3 weeks. They're always 90% cloudy (as far as I can tell).

Also, I'm starting to think I may have OVER-fed the one plant that is most rapidly yellowing. Possibility?

I forget, what strain are these? Determining when to harvest is a function of several factors. The first being, knowing when the breeder says they are supposed to be ready. The next one is looking at the trichomes to see what stage they are in. Also knowing the strain of the plants helps to determine IF the trichs will turn amber. If the breeder says the flowering is 9 weeks and you still don't have amber by 12 weeks then its time to harvest. One problem with this plan is the fact that if you have issues during fflower, that can cause the flowering time to be pushed out however many weeks it takes for the issues to be resolved.

I forget, what strain are these? Determining when to harvest is a function of several factors. The first being, knowing when the breeder says they are supposed to be ready. The next one is looking at the trichomes to see what stage they are in. Also knowing the strain of the plants helps to determine IF the trichs will turn amber. If the breeder says the flowering is 9 weeks and you still don't have amber by 12 weeks then its time to harvest. One problem with this plan is the fact that if you have issues during fflower, that can cause the flowering time to be pushed out however many weeks it takes for the issues to be resolved.

This is what I am growing, AFAIK..

http://www.seedsman.com/en/white-widow-feminised-seeds

The yellowing leaves are normal in as much as they are at the stage of the plants growing and fyi also dying.
The droopy leaves are either over or under watering.
Trics colour, well i never harvest by this and never have done in years of constantly growing, i go by the firmness/density of the buds alas the higher buds will be denser than the lower smaller buds but this is how i do things.
Jewboy

White Widow is supposed to be almost all Sativa but is a hybridized plant so it may not truly follow the "typical" characteristics off a 100% Sativa, which would be a long flowering time among other things. The breeder said 8 weeks fflower. If you didn't have any issues throughout the life of the plants, and they had ideal conditions to grow in then they should ffinish no later than 9weeks. However, unless you have the (nearly) perfect setup, you can't entirely go by a set 8-9weeks, but if your setup is decent and the plants suffer no stresses during the flowering period, then you should be able to say no later than 10weeks.

However, :eek: if the seeds you got are F1 breeds (which at this point I would think those would have to be F3) then the stability of the phenotypes is quite weak and can cause the grow parameters to be very varied.

All that said, I would go ahead and harvest them and see how they turn out. Sometimes you just have to learn some stuff through trial and error, as the variables are just not able to be calculated. :)

If i am not mistaken, did you not state you grew five plants and harvested 450 gms dry!!
If these were two of the said plants then i seriously believe you are taking far too much medication Track.
No way Jose.
Mrnice

Latest posts

Back