LED light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
water cooling can easily get the (LED produced, non radiant) heat 100% OUTSIDE of the grow space...

As the legal side of MJ continues and stealth becomes less of an issue, slim/small fixtures aren't as useful but even in a large scale, a chiller unit(s) could cool ALL the lights up on the roof outside the warehouse.

Until LED's run @ what, 75-80F, heat will need to be dealt with.

:48:

edit:
a test of Dr. Green Fang's use of these LED glasses
the temp probe and fan plastic are "WHITE"
2nd
not bad? on "film" these glasses work quite well, on ME, they don't.
:stoned:

View attachment PICT1271.jpg

View attachment PICT1270.jpg

View attachment PICT1273.jpg

attachment.php

Yep, looks like 100% equalization in this one. In your other two, it looks dark, but that's because of the composition of the photo.

Sorry the shades don't work for your eyes, but other factors do come into play. Color blindness, poor vision, etc.

Stuff is lookin' good Joe :aok:

:rofl:

You can not get anything feasible for that price. :aok:

i don't mind spending more (or bug couple of cheap ones)

whats your recommendation

this unit is the only thing i need?

like, it will do for start (clone\seed) growing, and flowering?

no need for anything ells?

Correct! Keep seedlings, cuttings etc far from full spectrum, but yes.. MJ loves full spectrum for all stages. Keep a distance of I believe 24" - 36" during veg, and around 18" for flowering. :aok:

Also, you'll want a fan and carbon scrubber (for smell), but yes.. this is basically all you need. :)

"all i need" i meant in terms of lightining :)

but thank you very much.

small question tho, if its led and way less produce heat

why not make the plants as close as i can to them?

Because it has to do with spectrum and intensity. Mostly spectrum.

If you put the light against a white wall, and move from 10" off the wall.. out to 24" off the wall... take note of how the spectrum looks to your eyes. Your eyes do not pick up the spectrum like a plant does, but you can get a general idea this way.

Then, there's intensity. Diodes from LED's are generally pointed EXCEEDINGLY straight down! HPS / CFL / T5's (etc) "splash" loads of light into the entire space, engulfing it. You can get these closer, as long as heat is kept in check, than LED's.
The "hand check" doesn't apply to LED's. I've gotten mine to within 10" of the plants for the end weeks of flowering, with no issues at all.. but Mars lights certainly aren't the MOST powerful of led fixtures on the market. But, they are the best "bang for your buck" you can get, hands down.

Hope this helps :) Look up PAR and Spectrum and read up on it :aok:

Cheers :)

To see those exact Mars lights in action, check out my link below in my sig; "The Dr's Office"

I have 8 of those fixtures, between 2 tents :aok:

Mars 2 lights are also available custom made . If you want more powerful lights you can can request higher output drivers to be installed. Remember the higher you drive led's the shorter lifespan they have.

this unit is the only thing i need?

like, it will do for start (clone\seed) growing, and flowering?

no need for anything ells?

You do understand that a single light like that will only do a small space? How big a space are you talking about?

Im doing an experiment right now I have 630 draw got them at about 8 inches...they are doing great figure closer more par more lumens and when I add in the illuminator 350 ill be able to cover my 4x4 area ...

If you put the LED lights down too close you don't get the proper mix and spectrum.

I keep mine 18"-24" away. That being said, my plants have got within a foot and faired OK. Do believe other LED`s are slightly different, due to different spectrum`s and intensities.

The Method7 glasses that I have work great. My LED`s have a veg and a flower switch, they work best with both switches on (blue spectrum and red spectrum).

I keep mine 18"-24" away. That being said, my plants have got within a foot and faired OK. Do believe other LED`s are slightly different, due to different spectrum`s and intensities.

Yea kind says best is @ 12 inches....I am loving my illuminator pro...put those on the plants under 4 la blanka..i murded 5 ...my ph meter was 2.7 off....was soo pissed

Latest posts

Back