Led vegging I bought an LED board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
Hey guy so i decided to buy a 225 light led grow light it is 15 watts I hope it give good results i will update when i recieve led light

Anyone try growing with led's i would be only vegging because it is an all blue led board but i have read led's dont work very well for flowering

2wkinfl2ower.JPG

You can find some clips on Youtube showing LED grows. It looks comparable to floro to me.

I guess it will work for veg but I would still flower with HID. Good and cheap for veg though. Keep us posted. I would like to see some results from those led lights. Take care and be safe.

Yes I have a Hps for flowering And i will update and make a journal when i recieve my led board. I am also going to start an Aeroponic grow Basicly im flowing a plant with a big bubble cloner.

The growroom must look pretty awsome with all that blue light and all. Good luck with the grow!

I just got a set of 4 mixed (red/blue) LED panels. 225 leds each. I have one plant just starting 12/12 under a 400 W HPS and it's doing well so I don't want to mess with it. I think I'll start using my leds on the clones I started earlier this week. I'd like to do a side by side comparison soon but haven't figured out the best way to do that, yet.
Doobie

Side by side comparison would be cool. From what i have read led's only work well for vegging. flowering is better left up to a HPS

I will post pics of my veg box with the led's soon.

thc is good for me said:
So i got my led board in the mail and let me say it is alot brghter than i thought it was going to be. I will put it in my veg box and document some growth.
View attachment 54812

How much did you spend on that? I would by one for my bedroom honestly,lol :hubba:

i bought mine on ebay for about $25+$10S@H but i bid on a couple before i got one for that cheap. you can buy one at ledwholesalers.com for $42 not shure how much shipping will be. I think it will work well, like i said it is very bright. Lol i could see 225 little dots after i looked at it when i first got it. The only cheap thing abut it it the back of the led board is like press board or somthing i thought it would be all plastic. but for $35 it will last like 5 years.

I would like to see a side by side too, that would be decent of you. From what I have seen online I don't really think they are quite there yet. I have heard they are great for clones and as supplemental lighting. Every journal I have seen so far has stretchy looking plants and not many of them flower up nicely, like you already said.

Would be great for a cloning/mother room though. Keep us posted on this. I'm very interested to see some results. Take care and be safe.

ThatS awsome!! i just bought the same thing on ebay (like 40$)

I am going to add it to my 1000w HPS during the veg stage to try and help even out my color spectrum, because of the lumens im getting from the hps i hope to see good results

smokybear said:
Would be great for a cloning/mother room though. Keep us posted on this. I'm very interested to see some results. Take care and be safe.

Me too. I almost bought some a while back but I was told by the owner of my local hydro shop and he told me not to waste my money or time. Same answer I got from a very popular online store. Not trying to bust any bubbles but I wanna see for myself and hopefully some of you guys will help out with that. I would love for them to work, it would be huge IMO especially on the electric bill. Good luck with it and thanks for sharing it with us, can't wait to see how well you guys do with them.

Yeah, just make sure whatever you do, use a ton of blue during veg and a small about of red light... Of course, flowring is a different story.

Ledwholesalers.com is the ****, he is right. I would use the blue mostly for vegging along with this bad *****

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=324

A couple of those ^ for supplement during veg and then only those during flowing would be the best way to go LED.

Some morons in youtube who demonstrate LEDs use so much red while getting they're vegging its rediculous. Much blue, little red, nice compact bushy plant.

Yea i bought my led panel from ledwholeslers on ebay.

What i bought was an all blue led panal for vegging. leds seem to work great for vegging for me. I have had better growth since i added the led's but that is partially becasue i added the led to my veg box i didnt remove any of the cfls.I am really curios to see ho long this led board lasts before somthing breaks.

^^ I can't wait to see some results from this LED board you got thc. I wish you would have just used the LED though so we could have accurate results without the cfls. Either way, keep us posted as I'm very curious. Take care and be safe.

when i get my growroom under control(i dont have alot of clones right now) I will set up two veg boxes 1 led box and one box with equilent cfls and I will make a journal.

thc is good for me said:
when i get my growroom under control(i dont have alot of clones right now) I will set up two veg boxes 1 led box and one box with equilent cfls and I will make a journal.

Excellent plan. I will be most intrested to see how you make out. I tried vegging with one of the MIXed (Red&Blue) panels and didn't have much luck with it. - Two months under the LEDs and the plants went from 2" to 3" tall. My main group of plants that I put under MH went from 2" to 3 feet in the same amount of time.

I've heard of some people who have had good luck with LEDs so It may be strain specific. (Intrestingly, before I tried the MJ plants I grew some Wild Oats and they did fantastic.)

Good Luck, Look forward to hearing how you make out.

Zepplin:bong2:

Latest posts

Back