Led

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StickyIcky420

StickyIcky420
Reaction score
Ive been planning on using LEDs to grow. I dont really know much about growning, as i am new to it. Now I have a plant light that I got from Home Depot, Its made for plants. It's a CFL with a plastic cover to prevent burning. Will this work the whole time, or am I going to need another light later in the process?

About how much does an LED grow light cost?
Do they grow good?

Thanks before hand
StickyIcky420

that would be nice but im trying to stay away from the energy i dont have the money for my electric bill if i use an HPS so im trying to use something that will save me some money

we got some forums around here that has grew some with leds, and others grew and harvest with flour sticks T8 cool and warm lights...

for enegry saving, I would go with flour T8 4 tubes for veg, stay 2-4 inch from the tops of plants 24 hrs for 4-6 weeks, then sex starts by 12/12 for 4 weeks maybe up to 6 weeks, then move all females to HPS light room after sexes is detected.. runs up for 8 to 10 weeks then harvest time.. sometime it last 40 weeks though the cycle it depends how you do...

StickyIcky420 said:
Ive been planning on using LEDs to grow. I dont really know much about growning, as i am new to it. Now I have a plant light that I got from Home Depot, Its made for plants. It's a CFL with a plastic cover to prevent burning. Will this work the whole time, or am I going to need another light later in the process?

About how much does an LED grow light cost?
Do they grow good?

Thanks before hand
StickyIcky420

Check out my grows if you want to know more about LEDs. :D My 25 watt grow has a lot of background info with it. The 215 is new and just under way. As for growing with them I won't really recommend it unless you are just going to experiment. It is costly and unproven. I am doing it because I have an easy source for buds and only grow to supplement it. I was always sort of a science geek and it lets me play mad scientist too, so it is also for fun.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back