Legalization In US Not so great of an Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it should have been legalized in the US 40+ years ago. It's mind boggling to know how many people are sitting in the can for years simply for possession of weed. Our govt. should be ashamed putting honest, hard working individuals in lockup just because they enjoy weed. It cost us taxpayers about $110.00/day on an average to keep a [person locked up. On the flip side that person could be paying taxes and sitting at home smoking a bone while watching HBO. I find it hard to believe that George W and his crew actually believe pot is dangerous for most people and will lead to other drugs, etc. Yet, they are killing men every day in a ** war in the name of democracy? Where is it? I can think of no valid reason why weed can't be legal in the US. I have smoked it on and off since 1964 and I am an accomplished person who has never been arrested. I pay taxes, work, am a good citizen, and truly resent this country's negative ** regarding weed. They need to let people smoke weed in the privacy of their home without breaking balls.

well if you dont like this country you can GET OUTTT! bush is the greatest pesident ever and never makes bad decisions we invaded iraq and we.. uhh. we. we found uhh. we went in there and.. ... ...WE KICKED ASS ALRIGHT!!!... just kiddin i actually cant beleive bush hasnt been impeached i was in japan resently and i had no idea how many pot heads lived there i wounderd to a place in tokyo that everything was made out of hemp hemp shoes shirt everything and nothing is funnier than seeing a rasta asian that had dreds there were more rastafarian flags to shake a stick at all and all it was a fun trip

nope I dont agree, At any natural food store you can purchase herbal remedies at a decent price. Valerian , passion flower, kumbuca shrooms,ect are all there for people who prefer alternative herbal meds. We can have co-ops run by local farmers..organic farmers. The road isnt paved in stone ..how and where it would be distributed isnt in play yet.

Intresting Idea but with Marijuana decriminalized the prices would actually go way down. A tax on Marijuana would not be a bad idea, the more taxes the more money for schools, firemen etc.
The government is not out to get you, their not going to put stuff in your weed. Also look at Holland...
If it is legal to smoke, cultivating is not far behind which means your free to grow your own bud, Problem solved!

Marijuana will never be legalized in the United States, even though we are the biggest drug consuming nation in the world. Thats a futile battle, IMO, i think we need to lessen the punishments for posession or cultivation. To even get that far you would have to get all the states to recognize marijuana as a medicine. Medical marijuana is the first step towards decriminaliztion. The Bush administration stands strong in their war on drugs. We can all thank Nancy Reagan for starting this 40 year war fought on our own soil.

I actually agree. It wouldn't be the same if it was legalized, but penalties should be alot less harsh.

thats exactly why i think the government should **** off and stay out of their citzens personel affairs i mean if people want to sit back and relax with some herb in the privacy of their own home then hey should be able to

Well unfortanetly Jerry, it can't just be our affairs.

That's WAY too simple.

sure it could
hell it is in the netherlands isnt it
its just that the us government is too controlling

Well wouldn't they still be involved with importing/exporting and selling/taxing etc if it became legal ?

not necessarily most is grown in the country anyway and im pretty sure its just private companys that grow it not the government so they would handle all that

Yeah i guess, but people would still try to import / smuggle it in.

And there's also people here trying to export / smuggle it out.

thats y it should be legal to grow and smoke that way theres no need to smuggle it

There'd still be smuggling out to other places who wouldn't allow it.

=-)

Ha, oh.

Well i still think now, we should work on getting the punishment lowered in the US in place of getting it straight up legalized. There are too many false criminals in jail and they need to be let out.

dont get me wrong i kow its pretty unrealistic because some people are jus gonna be dicks and act prejiduce towards people who dont have the same beleifs as them and ur right we waste so much tax money a year on jailing so clled criminals who jus like a little ganja

Yeah well as unrealistic as it is, it can still be accomplished, we just need to start small.

Latest posts

Back