Legalized MJ but not growing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker420

Reaction score
So lets just that BAM just like that marijuana is legal to smoke, hand to your friends, puff infront of a cop the whole thing. But growing MJ is still illegal. SO the question is, would anyone stop growing, or continue even though you could go to vons and buy a oz for $50 ?

Rocker420 said:
So lets just that BAM just like that marijuana is legal to smoke, hand to your friends, puff infront of a cop the whole thing. But growing MJ is still illegal. SO the question is, would anyone stop growing, or continue even though you could go to vons and buy a oz for $50 ?
An oz for 50 bucks? I'd have to give thiers a try. If it was class smoke, I'd prolly buy some. If they had real strains available and they were popular strains, heck, why not?

I don't know if I'd give up growing all together...

Hey! Someones Gotta Grow All that "Kind", Why Not Us?:D Supply and Demand,Right? Or What, Is The Goverment Going to be Growing It? Or Are They going to start Importing From Mexico? That Would Be Around $50. an Oz. If They'ere Selling in Bulk. Vons would'ent Sell Mex, if they did , they would Overcharge. Honestly, I Think When they Legalize{Finally!} We'll See More "Specialty" Stores Open Up. Kind of like how they sell Booze, Retail Stores Would Sell "Plain-Wrap" Bud's, Name-Brand Bud's and High-Grade would be Back-Behind the Counter, Locked in a Big Glass Case {Under Constant Video-Watch}.:eek: Then You Have your Smaller-Chain Stores, Like Wine Stores, "BUDMART"{ "Where America Goes to Get Stoned!}, "Toke And Go","Indica Dreams"....:D And Lots and Lots Of Coffee-Shops and NiteClubs Offering "House-Buds". Watch-Out, "STARBUDS" Are Going to be on Every- other Block!:eek: And Who Better To Supply Them? US! The People Who Have Experence Growing The "Tasty-Kind"!!!:D The Big-Name Growers Will Have The Store-Chains{Name-brands} Smaller,Hipper Clubs Will Have Lists of Small-Garden Growers, To Book in Advance, to come-in and Smoke-Out Small Groups{ 8-10 people} And Talk About The Strain, How It Was Grown,Ect. Aww, I Can Hardly Wait!:dancing: :clap: :bong: :48: CaptainViper.:D

My friend what i think you just described was infact paradise.lol "Toke n Go" i like that. Im thinking something like, "Burgers N' Blunts". And yeah, america would need us to grow the stiky icky, no importing from anywhere, will grow the best and sell it to other countrys.

some would just buy and some would still try and grow a a superior weed......just like some like to home brew beer...wine...and yes there are still moonshiners in them thar hills today........moonshine is still sought after by folks who want to drink boot leg whisky....apple brandy...and some other exotic booz........but back to yopur question...basicaly I belive most will grow a private crop for them selves of an exotic type and buy some for normal use and to use on a daily business

"Stoney Bud's" would already have a cult following from the inception :eek:

think about how fun it would be if we all openly supported and competed with eachother. Man....thats how commerce is supposed to be.

Personally, i think my "Bakery" would rake it in! Just based on the principle of how many people whom have never tried MJ would want to at least once but may not necessarily want to smoke it?????

and of course, just like starbucks you'd be hooked on my dessert like products and returning every day....probably multiple times.

wow...could fast food portion sizes get any bigger??? Would you like to "Stoner size" that? LOL

Reading this thread just makes me want to cry... Mainly because it just infuriates me that good old bud is still illegal, but things like alcohol and cigarettes that cause thousands of deaths each year (and cancer) are legal. But I know everybody will come to their senses some day, and I can walk down the street smoking a joint without having anybody say a word to me.

But anyways....

I'd probably grow it. Even though I just started growing, I'm really liking it. Gives me something to care about. I might buy from chain stores, but it really depends on how good the bud is. I mean, they're going to have to have a potency rating system.... Alcohol has it's proof rating, what would weed have?

Start an epidemic. Take all your wasted seeds and just tossem around everywhere. I mean in cities, not in forests lol. Toss them in those in between the lane gardens and free way grass lands, and anywhere that you see nice flowers. It's a good use for brick weed seeds lol. So throw them around and let them grow wild. Either the government wastes tax payers money (In the billions if done right) and the tax payers get pissed off, or they let it go, and we win.

The only way to change the laws is to literally force the hand of government now, since it refuses to bend to the will of it's people (which goes against the for the people by the people stance of the constituion). And we would also be following instructions from our first commander and chief George Washington

"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed,
and sow it everywhere!"

George Washington
Note to the gardener at Mount Vernon, 1794
"The Writings of George Washington"
Volume 33, page 270 (Library of Congress)
(George Washington, first president of the United States of America, grew cannabis on Mount Vernon, his plantation, for about 30 years. He may have used the Indian hemp to treat his chronic tooth aches.)

Dizoelio said:
Start an epidemic. Take all your wasted seeds and just tossem around everywhere. I mean in cities, not in forests lol. Toss them in those in between the lane gardens and free way grass lands, and anywhere that you see nice flowers. It's a good use for brick weed seeds lol. So throw them around and let them grow wild. Either the government wastes tax payers money (In the billions if done right) and the tax payers get pissed off, or they let it go, and we win.

I appreciate your intention, though I would appreciate a bit more thought on this...
Please don't do this... Can you imagine what happens when indoor high-grade medical bud gets contaminated by pollen from ragweed. Ouch! I would imagine everyone uses filtration that traps pollen but Oh my! Anyone with an outside garden in the city would be in an uproar, no?

Please continue to push for medical marijuana in your state and the legalization of marijuana as a whole.

Peace

I think if I started a specialty store I'd call it "Bong n' a Blintz"... breakfast foods and fine smokeables.

~Metalchick :cool:

eh...I'd give their stuff a try...But I don't think I'd stop growing. This is a hobby a really enjoy and it brings me happiness seeing them grow.

I. Love. Marijuana.

id never stop growing lol that would be stupid to legalize it but say that you cant grow it first thing i will do is start a garden in my back yard right next to my tommatoes and roses and in my front yard to lol

since mary jane is so easy to grow and can produce soo much I'd say I'd never give up growing. Even if it was legal it will always be cheaper to grow your own.

On a side note, if it was legal to to sell bud I would drop my major right now (computer networking) or maybe finish it and then pick up a buisness minor and open a liquor bar/bud bar. Have a giant place with two front doors and put a huge wall down the middle and have both places share the same kitchen for food :D.

I've thought extensively about this. The wall would be because I think stonners and drunks wouldn't get along to well... Food sales at the bud bar would be insane. I mean I thought about this a lot. Curved velvet couches with tables and speakers put into the booths that can be turned up and down so you can enjoy the music or not at all if you just want to talk. Serve hash brownies and other nice things with weed in them and also sell it to smoke from your choice of a bong or hooka or pipe. Even the cheapo could come in for a quick high as we would sell blunts and joints in your choice of clear or paper or flavored wraps.

On the Friday Nights to make a place to stop get some plastic bongs and include it in the price of the bud (slightly higher because of the bong) and give it away to the people that come in to get your name out and whatnot. The liquor side would be just like a normal bar :).

It would be super pimp.

Superpimp indeed Draston. Invite me if you ever get to set it up. LOL!

~Metalchick

Yeah. I've got two close friends up here at college and we've talked about opening just a normal bar together after we get out of college after we save up enough money for it. If they legalized bud before the time I die, I'll have a bud bar, you mark my words!

I just started growing a few months ago and I Can honestly say that I would still want to grow. I have had so much enjoyment building my hydropoinics system and watching my plants grow. I would defenitly still grow. Heck I have all kinds of plants growing in my grow closet now. Its funny too because when I put my buds into flower. Everything else in my closet went into flower aswell. I can't wait to havest my first hydro tomatos.

I love to grow, im an addict.

I am a Medical user and I have actully considerd having a coop grow my bud and just grow vegies at my house. But I doubt it. Its to much fun watching the plants bud and get frosty.

Its like, if everyone who hopes to open a bud bar / coffee shop by the time mj is legal actually does, Id seriously have to think about takin a few months holiday cruising around the world stopping off at everyones place, hookin up and having a blast. Infact if that did happen we should throw a MP party lol

it would have a toke rateing the better the bud the lower the toke rateing. jjsmoker

Dizoelio said:
George Washington, first president of the United States of America...

Hey Dizoelio, as a history nut, I couldn't let this one slip by me. Here's some interesting history trivia for everyone:

John Hanson, American Patriot and First President of the United States
(1715-1783)
hanson.gif

The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the Revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress.

President Hanson also established the first Treasury Department, the first Secretary of War, and the first Foreign Affairs Department. Lastly, he declared that the fourth Thursday of every November was to be Thanksgiving Day, which is still true today.

Six other presidents were elected after him - Elias Boudinot (1783), Thomas Mifflin (1784), Richard Henry Lee (1785), Nathan Gorman (1786), Arthur St. Clair (1787), and Cyrus Griffin (1788) - all prior to Washington taking office.

George Washington was definitely not the first President of the United States. He was the first President of the United States under the Constitution we follow today. And the first seven Presidents are forgotten in history.

Very good Stoney,
You are very astute or, truley a history buff. Either way you are absolutly correct about those men being in line before George Washington. The sad part is folks don't study up on what these men did in their lives during their tenure as presidents. Their individual history's are as slam dunkin as it gets, these were real men, not the patty cakes we get nowadays. Man, let congress try to push one of them around, or the devided house, (Dems + Reps) start to quarrell around one of those guys and see what would happen, phewww
That would be something.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back