Less then a week old and looking sickly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I started these plants from seeds on the 17th. They sprouted on the 21st and looked fine but it seems like every time I check them they look worse and worse. They are AK48's from Nirvana. They are in FF happy frog and have been watered with distilled water only so far. They are under a couple of CFL's right now and it stays about 75-80 in the the grow box. One of them has not grow at all since it sprouted, one looks almost dead, and the leaves on the others look kind of funky. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

a couple of questions, how much light?, how often do you water? Do you use nutes? looks like maybe to much watering and not enough light.

the chef said:
a couple of questions, how much light?, how often do you water? Do you use nutes? looks like maybe to much watering and not enough light.

No nutes yets. I'm watering them every 4-5 days. They are under about 9k lumen worth of CFL right now. I'm going to add some more light tomorrow.

Go get some Advanced Nutrients mother earth Grow! That **** works miracles!

do u spay them with water at all do that and u should be good do it every day for a week or 2 and they will be good to be transplant

What size grow box? Do you have a fan if not get one, definatly get more light, water when soil is dry on top and at least a 1/4 of your fingertip into the soil.I'd wait on nutes till they get stronger and at least another week old, use dilluted at first and grdually increase over time.

You seem to be doing everything properly, except maybe, you're watering them a bit too much. Sometimes, sprouts, for some reason, pop the surface and stop growing. That's normal.

Personally, I use reverse osmosis water. In fact, a lot of people use RO water. It is my belief that RO water is the best water to use.

Your seedlings don't look all that bad to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately the wilted looking plant in the 1st pic died. Oh well. I added some more lights and the other 4 seem to be doing good.

Thats good to hear that you have some survivors ! Congratulations ! I also would recommend bringing your lights down so that they are 2 inches above the tops of the the seedlings CFLs are an ideal choice of light to do this with ! You will find that they will stretch for the light and get top heavy if you don't apply this method.... your soil also contains enough nutrients to satisfy growth for 5 weeks ! Peace and take care !

You can also transplant up one size pot and bury the stems almost to the first 2 leaves. The stalks will beef up in size and sprout roots all along it.

Latest posts

Back