light change??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grama42

Reaction score
hello grower's couldn't find what i was looking for so i hope some one can help me i have started my second grow with the help of my son who build my grow set up its so cool here are a few pics he works for a water bottling co he got the idea from there filter room so my ? is i had my ladies in veg under 2 400w lights they are 4 weeks in veg im going to put them under 1000w for the rest of the veg because i want to flower them with the 1000 light they are drooping a little will this hurt my ladies?

new grow 012.jpg

new grow 011.jpg

new grow 009.jpg

grama42 said:
hello grower's couldn't find what i was looking for so i hope some one can help me i have started my second grow with the help of my son who build my grow set up its so cool here are a few pics he works for a water bottling co he got the idea from there filter room so my ? is i had my ladies in veg under 2 400w lights they are 4 weeks in veg im going to put them under 1000w for the rest of the veg because i want to flower them with the 1000 light they are drooping a little will this hurt my ladies?
here is a picture of my ladies

new grow 010.jpg

did your temps rise when you went from 2 x 400 watt to a 1000 watt light? looks like they need water

They either need watered or are being overwatered. I'd guess overwatered. Isn't it weird that the two can look so similar?

What is your watering schedule? Are you allowing the dirt to completely dry out in between waterings?

I'm sure they love the 1000w as long as you aren't allowing the heat to build up.

Motor City Madman said:
did your temps rise when you went from 2 x 400 watt to a 1000 watt light? looks like they need water
no the temp is the same and i water them thats what i wanted to know if the light change would put them in shock:confused:

cadlakmike1 said:
They either need watered or are being overwatered. I'd guess overwatered. Isn't it weird that the two can look so similar?

What is your watering schedule? Are you allowing the dirt to completely dry out in between waterings?

I'm sure they love the 1000w as long as you aren't allowing the heat to build up.
my watering is fine i water when the bags are light to pick up i just wanted to know if they can go into shock with the watt change is every one stoned;) or am i not asking the ? right:confused::doh::cry:be safe

cadlakmike1 said:
plants don't go into shock when you change the light, something else is wrong.
ok thank you thats all i wanted to know have a safe life i just changed the light today so i will see whats up in a few days im sure they will purk up they just might have deeded water

You should definately have your son replace all that aluminum foil on your walls with some mylar ;) Or just flat white paint.....i know it's not the issue you were asking about, but I'd say they look hungry. Good luck

Yes, if that is foil on your walls, remove it and paint your walls flat white--it is a far better reflector of light and you will not have to worry about hot spots.

Also, I take my girls directly from a T5 fluoro to a 1000W HPS without any problems. I would say that it is something not related to the light, also.

Latest posts

Back