light distance and how many plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL--actually, the more I read that quote from Ed, the more it really does not make sense or make a good growing practice...

Great charts! That's all hXXp://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/category/lighting/inverse square law real simple stuff when you boil it down. Now as far as how many plants?!? I imagine you can expect great coverage from youro 1000w for a 4'x4' but could stretch that to 5'x5' if you wanted. Use of a linear light mover would offer even more square feet of coverage. At any rate decide how many square feet your going to grow and then do the math to see how many pots will fit.

Soundns like a SOG, pots are nice because they keep teh garden modular. But i know SOGERS who use beds and save a bit of hassle in set up, also the roots have more potential room!

I met Mr. Rosenthal at a book signing in Chico CA circa 2000, the man is totally smoked. I was totally unable to have any form of intelligible conversation with him. He was unable to answer any of the very specific questions I was asking him. Then he signed a little boys skateboard and tried to hit on me.

It has been many years seance he's even written a book worth reading, if he ever has. Jorge's books are more like children's picture books and lack real science. It's hard to find a good book any more, I'm reading "how to supercharge your garden" now, [URL="hXXp://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/how-to-supercharge-your-garden/[/url]here is a review someone wrote on it.

IMO, people like Ed and Jorge and their books were good when we didn't have any internet forums like this. In the 70s and 80s we just kind of winged it. The availability of grow books really helped. I still have one by Ed and someone else written in 1978. I laugh when I read it now, we know so much more now.

In addition, there are several here who probably have a lot more growing experience than either Ed or Jorge (LOL--I think the same as you about Jorge and I have a friend "quote" him all the time...."Jorge says...."). As I tell everyone reading these "grow" books....remember that it is just one man's opinion.

Smaller pots more watering. Root bound. lack of O2. All will hurt growth. I would just grow 4 nice plants under the 1000. In at least a 5 to 10 gal pot. Again JMO,

I don't know -- I have 6 plants in flower -- I put 4 in 3 gal pots, 1 in a 1 gal. pot and 1 in a 5 gal. pot -- they are six weeks into flower, and the best looking plant in the tent is the one in the 1 gal. pot. I have had this argument before thinking bigger pots made bigger buds -- now I'm thinking bigger pots are necessary only if a person wants bigger plants (monsters) but for a deceint size plant, say 3 ft, a 1 gal. pot works nicely. I may change my mind in a few weeks when time to harvest, but that is what I am seeing now.

Peace

After doing the micro grow, I have learned a lot about how much MJ wants to grow and flower. I grew this clone in coco in a little 8oz planter stuck in a 16oz plastic drinking glass set in a hydro system. It worked out amazing as I just harvested it today and got probably close to 1/2oz dry buds(estimating) from a little 20" tall plant. But I have also grown some plants that got 5ft tall when they finished.

I think the key to growing the best buddage is finding the right size that a particular strain wants to be when it is mature and ready to flower for the given amount of light and space. I think it is a ratio that is a ballance between the different variables within the growing environment.

If you can find that right size that matches the root space, grow space, light, air, and nutrients, then keep them all in ballance, you will achieve maximum buddage for the plant in the given space. :)

Latest posts

Back