Light getting outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmentat

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered twice and someone probably started the last thread on this subject just like that argh oh well hopefully someone other than myself will benefit from this....

My system is like this

Fan sucking->plywood->ducting->reflector->ducting->plywood

There are four 8" valueline fans each hooked up to three 600 watt lights in reflectors that are daisy chained together

The problem is... light gets outside and gets inside which is not good because I intend to flower in this room...

A couple suggestions I've found... put a loop in your ducting.. well, I don't like that because I don't think it'll work and also it'll reduce my cooling capacity...

Create a fan box... Don't waaaant to.. I'm on a tight schedule and I'm way over budget... also I want to utilize every sq inch of space in my room for flowers..

Some sort of black filter stuff you can buy at the AC store.. anyone every tried this? Sounds promising....

Someone care to chime in?

The Spice must flow, :D
greenmentat

A couple of black on the inside 90 degree elbows on each end of the duct work will keep the light in or out. you want black so there is no light reflection

^yep that:) , orrrr.......make a box.;)

no don't loop it, it won't flow...must have flowage/90<<<<<<O<<O<<O<<<<<<90/

flat BLACK spray paint will do the trick on the 90 elbos

Use 2 ABS 90s to make a light trap--they are already black.

if your fan is the last thing in line there should be no light getting in.

I'm using three 8" Valulines and one 8" vortex and I'm seeing that the light does shine through the fans and I'm thinking that'll shine through the ducting and out the reflector so I'm planning on doing two 90 degree angles with the ducting one by the fans and one by the exhaust as well as painting the ducting black, the hydrofarm ducting I have is already black but it's a little glossy. Watcha think?

Btw this is greenmentat I'm posting this from my mobile phone which had this old alias logged in forgive me mods!! ;)

the glossy ducting won't reflect the light IMO so you should be good to go

ok i see now,

i have a 6inch Vortex with 2 45's and no light at all so you should be good,

Latest posts

Back