Lighting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRockDro23

Reaction score
a friend of mine came across about 5 or 6 560w hps lights. can i use these? i havent started my first grow yet but am trying to get things together to do so. i see alot of hps lights are around 400w so would these be to much for plants? any info woulds be greatly appreciated.

Keep Reading my friend- you'll be glad you did come harvest time.
I've never heard of a 560 watt HPS- 600 watt yes- does your friend have the fixture also- check out what the ballast says.

560 watts would be great- depends on your set-up though. As long as heat isn't an issue, you'd be golden!

yeah its kind of a flood light that would be outside a school or something. it saus 560w right on the bulb and they are about 8 inches long i wanna say. my whole goal is to grow my first crop and get somethin out of it. i really havent figured out what im going to do but i got six of those lights so im ready for whatever.

check the DIY forum hemp goddess has a DIY 150 watt cooltube
sure yours is more watts but i think itll be close to the type of light used

hmmmm... "560 watt" is one awfully strange wattage for a hps. So strange, tha "I have never heard of one before, nor has "google".

DRockDro23 said:
a friend of mine came across about 5 or 6 560w hps lights. can i use these? i havent started my first grow yet but am trying to get things together to do so. i see alot of hps lights are around 400w so would these be to much for plants? any info woulds be greatly appreciated.

Do you just have the bulbs or do you have the whole light assembly? Every HID light requires a ballast and the wattage of the ballast must match the wattage of the bulb. I also have never heard of a 560W HPS.

560 is one of those funny wattages we see at work sometimes, like 310 watts. Usually on roadway lighting poles, and usually on ramps from unlighted feeders onto lit highways to smooth the transition between light and dark.

if you need parts for them you'll probably have to special order from an electrical supply house and because of the oddball wattage be prepared to pay extra over say a 400 or 600w.

pretty damn cool though

if they are in fact "560w" hps's,and you have 5 of them then you have all the flower lighting you'll ever need for a "home grow"....now get lots of 6500k floros for veg

yeah i kinda thought it was an interesting foind myself. they all do have housings with wiring so i figured id be good. they have glass covering the light so i was unsure if i should remove that or no..... but they are 560w and im guessing they will work.

Latest posts

Back