Lighting schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
My plants are in their sixth week of flowering. Currently, the lights are on from 5 am til 5pm. I would like to switch the schedule: I'd like to have them come on at 6am til 6pm, instead of 5am-5pm schedule. Would switching their lighting schedule as mentioned above harm my plants? Or, would that be safe to do?

Yo Ho Alistair Young,
I just finished that kind of a change myself, upon StoneyBuds advice, I pulled this off with out a hitch, and I changed mine by the full 12 hours. I just did it one hour at a time. Each day I advanced my timers by 1 hour untill I was done. Yours should be no big deal.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

1 hour extra darkness is not going to hurt Alistair :)

Alter your timer with no worries.

:peace:

Any gradual change you makie can be done witout hurting your plants. I even know some peole who routinely make the switch form day lighting to night lighting and back to day lighting gradually all the way through the plants life without hurting anything. However, none of them can tell me why it matters so long as your pattern of light and darkness remains relatively constant.

Personally, I like my lights to come on and go off at times that some what mimic our normal hours around hear. That way light leaks and/or fan noise isn't going to draw near as much attention as if I have bright light leaking and fans going all night long and off during the hours when we are up.

Even though I'm a legal medical grower, I still want to stay low key to lessen the chances of thievery and/or interference by the violent cartels.

Thanks everyone. I'll make the switch.

one hour wont matter at all,

i have had to flip by 12 hours and did it 3 hours a day and had it done in
4 days. no issues, a little extra darkness is not a huge deal.

Yeah I changed mine by 2 hours with no troubles at all....

When I flip by 12 hours, I just go for an extra long dark period and then start on the new schedule. This is far less stressful, IMO, than the plants going through a 1-3 hour light change everyday over a 4-12 day period.

:yeahthat: and never had a problem

The Hemp Goddess said:
When I flip by 12 hours, I just go for an extra long dark period and then start on the new schedule. This is far less stressful, IMO, than the plants going through a 1-3 hour light change everyday over a 4-12 day period.

Yup... done it MANY times like THG Alistair... :yeahthat: As long as you don't give them any less than 12 hours total darkness there won't be any problem. I've never noticed my plants even skip a beat.

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back